Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now Released: The Lens, by Steve Jordan

Our very own Steve Jordan has finally granted us access to his latest Kestral novel! There was dancing in the streets! there was overjoyed celebration! For some reason, there was at least one llama named Steve Jordan. - - pshrynk

Yes, the crew of the Mary are back, due to popular demand from the readers! And in this story, they're dealing with something more mysterious than viruses and uppity aliens:

Quote:
Planet Shura Dva, in the process of being terraformed by the Oan Engineers Guild, has recently begun exhibiting strange weather patterns, soil poisonings and quakes that seem to target and deliberately sabotage the Engineers' terraforming work. A local workers' leader claims to be able to "feel" the planet's anger as it takes unilateral action against the Engineers... but the Engineers are positive he's really a terrorist leader somehow orchestrating the strange planetary occurrences.

And in the midst of local labor squabbles and strange planetary phenomena, Carolyn Kestral and her crew, flush after a lucrative cargo run, arrive on Shura Dva to help out a friend in need... and discover that the planet itself may not allow them to leave!
Introducing The Lens, the second story in the popular Kestral Voyages series. Visit SteveJordanBooks.com to get a copy at a great low price, in multiple e-book formats, and--say it with me--No DRM!

Don't forget: During Read an E-Book Week, Berserker, the first Kestral story, will be available for free download! (It is also available at the Stanza Store, also free during Read an E-Book Week!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lens_cover_400.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	24737  

Last edited by pshrynk; 03-02-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Congratulations! Off to order.

As an aside... where do you get the models for your cover art? They're hot.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
If you keep writing in this series, I may as well just give you my Paypal account.

Thanks for a great first story; now off to read the second.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Looking forward to reading this. I like the crew of the Mary. They do, indeed, remind me of Firefly, but without the western motif.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for all the kind words... hope you all enjoy it!

Now I get to take a mental breather... before I go back to working on my site redesign, before starting my next novel!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Just a day into release...

...and already, a typo found! (Who says editors aren't necessary in publishing?) It's amazing how many times you can go over a manuscript, and still miss simple things like that!

Rest assured, I will fix it and upload a new book. However, the book conversion process usually takes me most of a day (what with converting to 8 different formats--one is PDF, and the other is Word 2000 down from Word 2007), and only a few of those conversion processes allow me to save time by editing the doc after conversion, so it may be a bit before I can get to it.

Still, it's a distinct advantage to digital self-publishing that I can make this edit within a few days, and upload it pretty much instantly (not to mention sending a fresh copy to anyone who asks)... compare that to the print world, ye mighty, and despair!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The paragraph spacing was corrected in your ebook(s)? The onuissance one had a big space for each paragraph. Sometimes, I only had two or three sentences in a single epage. I stopped reading since then, but I'm willing to try that one again and then check out any your other works.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
The paragraph spacing was corrected in your ebook(s)? The onuissance one had a big space for each paragraph. Sometimes, I only had two or three sentences in a single epage. I stopped reading since then, but I'm willing to try that one again and then check out any your other works.
That spacing problem has been dealt with... the latest books have not had that extra spacing in them. (I do still have to fix some of the older books, including The Onuissance Cells. Thanks for reminding me. No, really!)
Old 03-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Belated congrats on the release of the Lens, Steve. And don't worry too much about that typo. Ebooks allow, as you've said, for quick corrections, and I can't tell you the number of pbooks I've read that are filled with typos and errors. 1 typo out of thousands of words is a great average

Last edited by Moejoe; 03-02-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typo :)
Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Steve do I need to read Berserker first?

Never mind just bought both

Last edited by Gibbo; 03-02-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Steve do I need to read Berserker first?

Never mind just bought both
You don't really need to... both stories stand on their own. But Berserker obviously goes into detail on how Kestral and the crew got together in the first place.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Thumbs up Yippee - New SJ Book!

I love it when a new Steve Jordan book comes out!

Just bought The Lens (plus a copy of Factory Orbit for a friend). I really enjoyed Berserker, and am looking forward to the sequel!

Sherri
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Glad to finally see a second book. The first book was crying for a sequel.

BTW, slightly off topic, I'm reading Factory Orbit right now and noticed some typos (mostly with an organization acronym). Any way to let you know about them?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
Glad to finally see a second book. The first book was crying for a sequel.

BTW, slightly off topic, I'm reading Factory Orbit right now and noticed some typos (mostly with an organization acronym). Any way to let you know about them?
There are a number of typos in that one... it's one that I'm overdue to edit! Feel free to e-mail me at stevej@stevejordanbooks.com.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #15
dschill
Connoisseur
dschill began at the beginning.

Nice i ordered it too!
Closed Thread