Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #1291
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Touch
Patrick, la réponse se trouve dans les propos de Sameer:

“La version 2.1.4 est actuellement en cours de déploiement vers les appareils Touch. Comme il s’agit d’un déploiement progressif, tout le monde ne sera pas concerné au même moment. Le déploiement complet devrait être terminé d’ici la semaine prochaine.

Si la mise à jour manuelle ne vous fait pas peur, le lien vers la nouvelle version est ici:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=11

Last edited by Erkhyan; 10-04-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: (Additional info)
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #1292
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Turned my wireless on, and it turns out that despite having one of the 'recalcitrant' Touches, the rollout has reached me already. Currently on "Downloading Software: 20%". I'll report back.

ETA: Note that despite the feedback given, the update is still not optional. The only choice you have is whether to restart now or later - the software will be updated at the next restart regardless.

ETA2: "Updating" hourglass screen took three minutes. Just started square-dancing.

ETA3: Stopped square dancing after 3-4 minutes. Success.
Any chance of a quick review? Stuff works? Quick page turns?
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #1293
Moody12b
Moody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura about

Any chance of a quick review? Stuff works? Quick page turns?

I downloaded the zip file myself rather than wait. Upgraded quickly and smoothly.

First impressions - Return to Home page and page turns are almost instantaneous (Home took 5-6 seconds with firmware 2.1.1), and problem showing wrong cover on Sleeping fixed.
Moody12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #1294
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Take care , depending on you hardware (I suppose), your Kobo will upgrade on few different firmware.
-2.1.4 - r43703
-2.1.4 - r43710
Don't know if they are from the same firmware file (the kobo choose the good options into this pacakage) or from 2 differents firmwares files.

(Always sorry for bad english level ^^)
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #1295
kobocrazy
kobocrazy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
version 2.1.4

was just about to do a manual update and thought "hey - let me try the sync again on the kobo itself"...it's tried to download the update 3 times now.
i've decided to shut it off and restart. it keeps loosing the wifi connection - something it's never done before....
if the direct download doesn't work, then i'll try the manual update
this forum is amazing! i've found so many answers to so many questions reading this site!!
kobocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #1296
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobocrazy View Post
was just about to do a manual update and thought "hey - let me try the sync again on the kobo itself"...it's tried to download the update 3 times now.
i've decided to shut it off and restart. it keeps loosing the wifi connection - something it's never done before....
if the direct download doesn't work, then i'll try the manual update
this forum is amazing! i've found so many answers to so many questions reading this site!!
Have you thought about updating using Kobo Desktop and a usb cable? It will get round the wifi dropout.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #1297
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Is it possible for someone to put a link to the 2.1.4 here.
Waiting a week or so is quite hard
TY

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-2.1.4.zip
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1298
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

For those of us who completely avoided the bugfest that was firmware 2.0 and have stayed on 1.9, is there any way to know if you're getting 2.1.4 instead of the previous version in the automatic update?
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #1299
exodont
exodont doesn't litterexodont doesn't litterexodont doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony, BeBook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbdsf View Post
Take care , depending on you hardware (I suppose), your Kobo will upgrade on few different firmware.
-2.1.4 - r43703
-2.1.4 - r43710
Don't know if they are from the same firmware file (the kobo choose the good options into this pacakage) or from 2 differents firmwares files.

(Always sorry for bad english level ^^)

My Glo updates to v2.1.4. r43703

My Touch updates to v2.1.4. r43710

The zip file DL from here this morning is r43710 and is fine on my KT
exodont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #1300
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPad, Nook, NC, NST, Kobo, Nook Glo, K4, KPW Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconh View Post
How do you manually install this??
zwarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #1301
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwarbles View Post
How do you manually install this??
Unpack the zip file into the .kobo directory on the Kobo, eject and unplug, and the Kobo should update itself.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #1302
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #1303
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I tried installing the 2.1.4 firmware linked up there.

And, of course, it crashes my Kobo whenever I try to open a sideloaded epub that worked on the 1.9 firmware. Guys, can you get your marbles in a row long enough to let me use my reader like it's designed to be used?
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #1304
zwarbles
Connoisseur

It didn't work for me.

My screen is so not being nice and not responsive. I may just call Kobo while I'm still under warranty with it.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #1305
mdclements
Kobo Developer
mdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookmdclements has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
Well, I tried installing the 2.1.4 firmware linked up there.

And, of course, it crashes my Kobo whenever I try to open a sideloaded epub that worked on the 1.9 firmware. Guys, can you get your marbles in a row long enough to let me use my reader like it's designed to be used?
Could you share the ePUB so we can see what's going on?
mdclements is offline   Reply With Quote