Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
lmccurry78
lmccurry78 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Header Footer- New Updates

I noticed the delete header and delete footer options are no longer available in the new update. I had figured out hour to remove the repetitive Amber pdf header in the previous versions by using the following:

(<A name=\d+>\s*</a>)?\s*(<[biu][^>]*>)?\s*Generated\s+by\s+(ABC)?\s+Amber[^<]*(<a\shref=.*?processtext.*?>)?\s*(.*?processtext. *?</a>)?(</[ibu]>)?\s*(<br>\s*)?

However, now it does not remove and replace when I type in:
Generated by ABC Amber LIT Converter, http://www.processtext.com/abclit.html

Any suggestions??

Also, is there an expression to use to delete page numbers found in footers?
lmccurry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=61

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118570

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118569
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
lmccurry78

Wow, way too complicated. I'll just live with the funky text. I have to admit I like the older version better. Any way to revert?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
The Search and replace feature is basically identical to the old feature. Just ignore the 'replace' box and use the 'search' box just like you used to use the remove header/footer options.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The new option made no changes to how the expression is applied to the text. The only difference is you can now specify replacement text instead of it only removing.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
lmccurry78

I tried using the expression that I used before (see original post) but it doesn't work in the new feature. I'm not a techie so I don't understand how to write the expression that I need.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, the Amber LIT spam comes in many forms. The expression you typed above seems to be pretty general, but not general enough, it seems. The third link ldolse posted above is a relatively simple tutorial for regular expressions, read that, figure out how to adapt the expression. It's not as complicated as it sounds.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add and remove, footer, header