Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
rbf
rbf began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question Adding fav news website on Mac OSX 10.6.8

I'm a newbie using Calibre on OSX 10.6.8 The manual http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/news.html
Quote:
"To make calibre download the feeds and convert them into an ebook, you should click the Fetch news button and then the Add a custom news source menu item."
The problem is when I click the Fetch news button I don't see any "Add a custom news source menu item" such as the illustration shows. How can I get to this menu item?
rbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to the button or right click the button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
rbf

I found the info in the following thread that partially solves the problem, but I still think there's a bug in the program or in the manual, because they don't match.

[adding recipes in mac osx snow leopard]https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85977[/URL]
(there is an)
Quote:
option in the dropdown menu shown by the arrow to the right of the fetch news icon called Add a custom news source?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
rbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
click the arrow next to the button or right click the button.
Thanks! Marvelous program you've created. As I say above, the manual doesn't match the screen, so while that will get me past the problem I think either the manual or the program has a bug.

Tags
add custom news source, osx, rss