Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-09-2024, 10:38 PM   #1
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal
celiapgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Indent verbs do not function in Linux

(Well, not in all Linux, but in my Manjaro.)

When in Code View, I try to change indentation of code, and go to Format > Increase (or Decrease) Indent, but nothing changes. The shortcuts are not working, either.

How can I roubleshoot this non-behavior?

Manjaro Mabox with Sigil 2.0.2, Loaded Qt 6.6.1. Build time: 2023.11.28
celiapgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:44 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I tried selecting a paragraph <p>...text....</p> and then use increase indent and <blockquote> was wrapped around the selected paragraph. Each further increase indent wrapped another level of blockquote around the selected text while reduce indent remove a level of blockquote.

Code:
        <p>“I so very much <i>love</i> rousting innocent freight crews. Not,” Sahved complained from within the destroyer’s great hangar bay. A shuttle was waiting to take the team to the next target, a cargo vessel that had stopped the instant they were notified of the inspection.</p>

<blockquote>
        <p>“I so very much <i>love</i> rousting innocent freight crews. Not,” Sahved complained from within the destroyer’s great hangar bay. A shuttle was waiting to take the team to the next target, a cargo vessel that had stopped the instant they were notified of the inspection.</p>
    </blockquote>

<blockquote>
        <blockquote>
    </blockquote>
    </blockquote>
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2024, 10:52 PM   #3
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

Exactly. That happened to me first. It was not the intended beahvior, I guess...

Then, I changed the shortcuts from Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> to Alt+> and Alt+< ... and no indentation nor code changed
Old 01-09-2024, 11:30 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It is the intended behaviour. It is not supposed to modify the appearance of the code but of how the code is rendered for the user to view. Pop up the Preview screen and see the effect. Please note all the tools in the Format group affect how the text displays and should not affect how viewing the code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil_not_indented.png
Views:	45
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	205706   Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil_indented.png
Views:	43
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	205707  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:57 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, DNSB is correct. If you want to clean up and indent code in CodeView check out the Mend and Prettify commands. Note using Mend and Prettify on correct code should have no impact on anything in Preview, just CodeView.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2024, 02:35 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by celiapgt View Post
Exactly. That happened to me first. It was not the intended beahvior, I guess...
As others have indicated, that WAS, in fact, the intended behavior. It sounds as though it was working as it should before you changed the keyboard shortcuts...

Quote:
Then, I changed the shortcuts from Ctrl+< and Ctrl+> to Alt+> and Alt+< ... and no indentation nor code changed
That might indicate that there are system shortcuts that use those key sequences that cannot be overidden.

Or if you have an international keyboard layout, you may also need to indicate as much with the checkbox at the bottom of Sigil's keyboard shortcuts preference page.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-10-2024 at 03:02 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 05:49 PM   #7
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

I think my confusion is cleared after @DNSB's comment. I am thinking in CodeView (mend and prettify) terms.

Is it possible to tweak the Mend and Prettify settings?

I do have an Latin American keyboard (which is not international to me, rather than local ;D XDXDXD), @DiapDealer.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:54 PM   #8
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Or if you have an international keyboard layout, you may also need to indicate as much with the checkbox at the bottom of Sigil's keyboard shortcuts preference page.

Which checkbox are you referring to? I do not see it.
I attacged the Shortcuts dialog I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mabox_20240111-16-43-37.png
Views:	29
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	205768  

Last edited by celiapgt; 01-11-2024 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2024, 06:22 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Which checkbox are you referring to? I do not see it.
I attacged the Shortcuts dialog I have.
I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find it on my Arch Linux machine! Then I remembered that it's a Windows only setting. Sorry about that. I'm not entirely certain why your new shortcuts aren't working.

And to answer your previous question: no, there's no way to customize/tweak the Prettify feature. The only thing you might be able to do is use an external editor that will format the code the way you want it and then don't use Sigil's Prettify.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-11-2024 at 06:25 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:29 PM   #10
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

No worries. On the contrary. I'm sorry to put you in that state! Good that you figured it out.

Alright, then, I stick to the mending, indenting and prettifying of Sigil. Thanks!

Tags
code view, indentation, shortcuts