Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-26-2023, 03:49 AM   #1
carquer
carquer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dark mode on very old version

Hello everyone, I´m using sigil version 0.9.8 on this PC (yes, I know I know but on this PC I can use this version as "top").
I would need to know if there is a way to put the background in "dark mode".

Thanks in advance
carquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 08:38 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Not really. Initial Dark mode support was not added until Sigil 1.1.0 or so. There may be a way to use Qt qss files to try to emulate a dark mode in earlier versions but my guess is that would have lots of minor nits and issues.

I do remember someone did a Qt darkmode qss file at some time point and posted a link on MobileRead but that was years and years ago. Perhaps someone else here has a link to it.

Here are some a google search returned:

https://github.com/ColinDuquesnoy/QDarkStyleSheet

and

https://github.com/EClaesson/QTDark

All that said, I truly recommend not using a version of Sigil that is so very old. That version of Webkit it uses is very very insecure and not something I would run in our current networked world. Ransomeware and data lossage is just too costly to not try and protect yourself.

Last edited by KevinH; 12-26-2023 at 11:03 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert