Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-12-2024, 11:25 PM   #1
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal
celiapgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sigil+HTML question: How to show/visualize entities and code?

Hi, everybody.

I want to show some text like this small example, as it is:

Podemos usar una entidad word-joiner (⁠ en hexadecimal o ***⁠ en decimal). Es decir, así quedaría el código: —⁠un inciso o comentario subordinado⁠— o tal vez con «⁠comillas francesas⁠» o con “⁠comillas inglesas⁠”.

Since
Code:
⁠
and
Code:
are entities that I have decided to be preserved in my code (I mean, in my epub), you cannot see the codes in Preview mode.

How do I ask Sigil to stop converting that code to real entities, and instead show the codes?

I already tried <code> and <pre> tags, but they do not work. I do not want to use &amp;&pound;x2060&colon; notoation because it would be extremely long and prone to error.

(*** I neither cannot show here the decimal code for the word-joiner entity).

Last edited by celiapgt; 01-12-2024 at 11:31 PM.
celiapgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 09:11 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil Preferences Preserve Entities has a setting to list the entities to preserve in CodeView.

In Preview you can not "preserve entities" unless you indeed xml encode the entity code itself by escaping the leading ampersand (use &amp;#x2060; notation). Without that lead & it is not considered an entity any more by Preview (just a string of characters).

Note that under modern epub3 specs, except for the base xml entities, only numeric entities are valid.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-13-2024 at 11:31 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 05:44 PM   #3
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal
celiapgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I see, @KevinH.
Thanks for the response!
celiapgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 11:41 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You can also use the 'clips' function in Sigil to put the &amp; in front of your entity code… it’ll save some typing and you won’t have to worry about misspelling it.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote