Notices

Old 11-28-2023, 06:38 PM   #61
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Haven't changed anything related to context yet, nor will I without some serious testing.

If I do decide to change things, I am thinking of allowing the Context to be controllable by Sigil Preferences or straight code.

A much more likely and simpler/safer change would be remove F2 as the default shortcut for anything set by Sigil Preferences as it is reserved as the Qt "editKey" for Windows and Linux.

That change will only impact new users and of course could be put back by those new users by using Sigil Preferences.

For current users, they would need to decide to make that change in their own Preferences.
Sounds good.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:21 PM   #62
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As Sigil's devs might guess, I'm looking forward to able to switch focus between panels (windows) via the keyboard… but there's one thing I do want to raise.

I'm pretty sure Sigil originally assigned F2 to regex rename, and Ctrl+F2 overtype rename. And I recall swapping them to make F2 conform to IBM's SAA CUA de-facto standard… overtype rename. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...63&postcount=4.

I also recall 'losing' F2 when when it was assigned to the Preferences external-editor. When that happened, I cleared the Launch external xhtml editor shortcut assignment and gave F2 back to overtype rename. I don't need a shortcut for the external xhtml editor. I'm more likely to use an external editor on an image or use Page View on the opf, so Book Browsers Open suits me better.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 07:37 PM   #63
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
As you pointed out, the use (or not using) F2 and what it is set to do is completely under the control of the user in Sigil Preferences. I will only be removing the use of F2 as a default since it is reserved by Qt for their editKey on Linux and Windows.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-28-2023 at 08:00 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 03:29 PM   #64
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal
celiapgt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you! Finally, a long-awaited improvement to keyboard shortcuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post

I have just now pushed to master the ability to use keyboard shortcuts (that you must assign in Sigil's Keyboard Preferences) to move focus directly to another major QDockWidget.

This includes: BookBrowser, CodeView, Preview, TableOfContents, and the ClipsWindow.
Hope this helps.

It does help a lot!
celiapgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 06:52 PM   #65
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

Unfortunately, I cannot make it to work

I have version 2.0.2, build 6.6.1, built on 2023.11.28 04:14:25 UTC on Manjaro Openbox (Mabox).
(I understood the change was committed on Nov 16, more or less)
Old 12-10-2023, 07:09 PM   #66
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
These features are NOT in official version 2.0.2 source code. They are meant for the next official release.

And build date may be meaningless unless you have the most updated source (I can rebuild official Sigil 2.02 source at any time and it will not have these features).

Did you check out the full source from Sigil master today and build it?

Did you assign shortcut key sequences for the newly added actions in Sigil Preferences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiapgt View Post
Unfortunately, I cannot make it to work

I have version 2.0.2, build 6.6.1, built on 2023.11.28 04:14:25 UTC on Manjaro Openbox (Mabox).
(I understood the change was committed on Nov 16, more or less)

Last edited by KevinH; 12-10-2023 at 07:22 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 08:24 PM   #67
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The version of Sigil in the Manjaro repos is built from the 2.0.2 tag. The 2023.11.28 rebuild was merely to accommodate the system update to Qt6.6.1. The Sigil source in that rebuild did not change. No new commits after the 2.0.2 source tag were incorporated. Neither Arch nor Manjaro will incorporate this new change until such time as we release a newly tagged source.

As Kevin mentioned, you would need to compile Sigil yourself, from the latest github master branch, to see the changes that are being discussed.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-11-2023 at 09:58 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:15 PM   #68
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

No, not at all. Sorry to confuse you, @KevinH. My bad.

I thought, since the changes are in master, and the Manjaro build was past the day of the commit, I wrongly thought those changes were already incorporated.

As perfectly explained @DiapDealer, I have to wait for Manjaro packagers, or use Flatpak, or build it myself.

Thanks, both, for such a wonderful piece of sotware!
Old 12-13-2023, 09:09 AM   #69
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiapgt View Post
I thought, since the changes are in master, and the Manjaro build was past the day of the commit, I wrongly thought those changes were already incorporated.

As perfectly explained @DiapDealer, I have to wait for Manjaro packagers, or use Flatpak, or build it myself.
I'm not certain you'd get the very latest from Flatpak. My recent requests for a solution to a problem went unanswered for several weeks and that prompted me to abandon the Flatpak build and build it myself.

For details of my traumas building for the first time on Ubuntu as well as all the help I received leading to a successful build, see the recent thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=357115
philja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:32 PM   #70
celiapgt
EBook-obsessive gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by philja View Post
I'm not certain you'd get the very latest from Flatpak. ...
Unfortunately, no, Sigil flatpkak didn't get it yet. Since I'm in Manjaro, I dont want flatpaks... It's so unnerving to me to have so many repos (aur, flatpaks and regular repo.

I build it once in Ubuntu, and was ok, but now I'm getting a bit old and lazy ...

Anyway, tthanks for the tip, Phil.

Tags
book view, code view, focus, keyboard shortcuts, preview