Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-02-2023, 04:15 PM   #1
RatherBWriting
Enthusiast
RatherBWriting began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad with Kindle
Question CSS not being applied to epub

I am using Sigil 1.4.3 to format my ebook. Somehow, the style sheet is not being applied. It's possible that I went through the book and split it into chapters before I added the css file (I discarded my first attempt at formatting, and started over, not sure now if I added the css file before or after), but in any event, the style sheet is not being applied unless I right click each file and click "link stylesheet."

While this works, I would need to do it for every single file in the book. Is there a better way? If not, will adding it manually be OK?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help -

RatherBWriting
RatherBWriting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 05:17 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Why not select all the html/xhtml files in the Book Browser and then right click and link stylesheet? I think that worked even in the 1.4x Sigil versions.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:15 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Why not select all the html/xhtml files in the Book Browser and then right click and link stylesheet? I think that worked even in the 1.4x Sigil versions.
yup - that's how I do it!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 03:55 PM   #4
RatherBWriting
Enthusiast
RatherBWriting began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad with Kindle
To DNSB and Turtle91 - thank you! It works beautifully, and was very fast. I greatly appreciate your help.

RatherBWriting
RatherBWriting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, epub, formatting