Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhite View Post
http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...-appeal-662849

The downside to having a full-blown OS is you have to wait for the OS to "come up to speed". It has been observed (I forget where I saw the article) that individuals with full OS's tend to go do something else for those 2 or 3 minutes - fill their water glass, start the morning's coffee, etc.

In any case sounds like HP will be selling the device you want, in 2010. HP staff claim the device has been in development for 5 years.
Yep. I'm waiting for that tablet. And it won't be my main reader, I have two (or three) other devices for that. But I want it to empty my SD cards while on holiday (next to impossible with the Ipad, unless you carry even more gear and why wouldn't I take my laptop in that case?), and to read some larger PDF files. So, the longer boot time wouldn't bother me. But I agree it can be a deterrent for a lot of people. But so would a closed OS be.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My experience with Apple is to wait for version 2, just because they all sit down in the meantime and ask themselve what really cool thing they could put on it and the second edition is always better. I'm going to wait for iPad 2.0...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert