Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
PinkTissue
PinkTissue has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Hanlin V3
Strange Quirks?

I really love my Hanlin V3. It is so easy to use and makes mobile reading a joy. I am wondering anyone of you face the same 'problems' as I do.

a. I have to adjust my reading habit. I have a habit of speed reading. I read really fast....fast enough to get kicked out of a speed reading class as I could read faster than the teacher. The first few times I read on my e-book, the device actually jammed a few times because it could not keep up with my speed of reading and 'flipping' of pages. I have to learn how to slow down my reading so I would not keep pressing the 'flip' button and jammed the device and thus resetting the whole device. Is there any software update to ensure that the 'flipping' could be faster? After a few days, I did adjust my reading habit and the 'limits' how fast I could press the 'flip' button without jamming the device. But I would really, really be happy if the flipping could be faster.

b. How long do you battery last? My Hanlin V3 lasted only 1 week! I tried another battery - same results. I admit that I read pretty fast....I could go through 2 novels in an hour. Actually one week is pretty impressive since none of my PDA device actually last more than one day. I am hoping that the battery could last at least 2 weeks.

c. Sometimes my e-book do not reflect the pages correctly. I was really puzzled for a long time when my e-book ended abruptly and the page number indicated that I am on the last page of the e-book. After re-loading the e-book a few times, I realized that the display of the total number of pages for my e-book is inaccurate (although most of them indicate the number of pages correctly). I managed to get around by asking the e-book to 'jump' to the last page and only after that the page count would display the 'missing pages' and the correct total number of pages the e-book has. May I know if anyone else has this problem?
PinkTissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Most people learn to anticipate the upcoming page turn and tap the button before finishing the page. As it is the page turn is still faster or about as fast as turning a physical book page.

Mobipocket pages cannot be counted accurately accept by reading them one at a time. What format were you having trouble with?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert