Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #16
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Fragility in voice and serenity in spoken words. I met this song in title screen of Wii game "Endless Ocean". Therefore I present video with that title screen and following demo play.

It's "Prayer" composed by Secret Garden and performed by Hayley Westenra.

Lyrics:
Spoiler:
Let your arms enfold us
Through the dark of night
Will your angels hold us
Till we see the light

Hush, lay down your troubled mind
The day has vanished and left us behind
And the wind, whispering soft lullabies
Will soothe, so close your weary eyes

Let your arms enfold us
Will your angels hold us
Till we see the light

Sleep, angels will watch over you
And soon beautiful dreams will come true
Can you feel spirits embracing your soul
So dream while secrets of darkness unfold

Let your arms enfold us
Will your angels hold us
Till we see the light

Let your arms enfold us
Will your angels hold us
Till we see the light

Last edited by eureka; 10-15-2013 at 03:46 AM. Reason: credits to Secret Garden
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #17
eureka
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just an eccentric song. I love its bursted out beat mixed with trumpet between "verses".

It's "Исповедь психиатра" / "Psychiatrist's confession" by РЖБ.

Lyrics are taken from movie "Du levande" / "You, the Living" in Russian translation.

Lyrics (in Russian):
Spoiler:
- Доброе утро.
- Доброе утро.
- Я -- психиатр. Я работаю уже 27 лет. Я совершенно измотан. Год за годом ко мне приходят пациенты, недовольные своим существованием. Они хотят, чтобы им было весело; хотят, чтобы я им в этом помог. Надо сказать, что... это порядком изматывает: уж поверьте, моя жизнь тоже не сахар. Люди слишком многого хотят -- вот, что я понял за все эти годы... Они хотят быть счастливыми, а сами эгоцентричны, эгоистичны и скупы... Буду откровенен... <...> Они злые по большей части. Тратить своё время на то, чтобы сделать злого человека счастливым -- ведь это же просто бессмысленно. Это невозможно. Я бросил это дело. А теперь я только выписываю таблетки -- и чем сильнее, тем лучше! Вот так вот!

Lyrics (in English, copied from IMDB page):
Spoiler:
"Good morning." "Good morning." "I am a psychiatrist. I have been for 27 years. I'm completely worn out. Year after year, listening to patients who aren't satisfied with their lives, who want to have fun, who want me to help them with that - it wears you out, I can tell you. My life isn't exactly a lot of fun either. People demand so much. That's the conclusion I've drawn after all these years. They demand to be happy, at the same time as they are egocentric, selfish, and ungenerous. Well, I would like to be honest. <...> I would like to say that they are quite simply mean, most of them. Spending hour after hour in therapy, trying to make a mean person happy... There's no point. You can't do it. I've stopped doing it. These days, I just prescribe pills. The stronger, the better."

Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #18
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
@eureka: Endless Ocean was lovely. I also like Lena very much.

What comes from me is a spiritual song I came across in a temple in Montreal. I saw some very interesting, some of the most "unassuming" people I've ever had chance to talk to. I post it but obviously no religious reference whatsoever. I just hope you enjoy it. I used to listen to this before going to bed, as it relaxed me immensely.

"Aadays Tisai Aadays" it is called.

Lyrics: http://loveiswelcomehere.blogspot.ca...ai-aadays.html

Spoiler:

ਮੁੰਦਾ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਸਰਮੁ ਪਤੁ ਝੋਲੀ ਧਿਆਨ ਕੀ ਕਰਹਿ ਬਿਭੂਤਿ
Aadays Tisai Aadays Aad Aneel Anaad Anaahat Jug Jug Ayko Vays.

Translation:
All honor to the One,
Hail the Primal Being
whose attributes cannot be described,
Who is without beginning,
the Unstruck Sound,
and whose form is
One through every Age.

Last edited by twobob; 10-15-2013 at 07:25 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Just because I felt it was a time for a little piano music:

knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #20
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
What comes from me is a spiritual song I came across in a temple in Montreal. I saw some very interesting, some of the most "unassuming" people I've ever had chance to talk to. I post it but obviously no religious reference whatsoever. I just hope you enjoy it. I used to listen to this before going to bed, as it relaxed me immensely.

"Aadays Tisai Aadays" it is called.
Nice
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #21
eureka

I saw Gravity. It's stunning, astounding movie. And it's a scary movie. Not like "horror" scary, not like "slasher" scary, not like "thriller" scary. Scary in realistic sense. Like "real infinite outer space" scary. Totally uncomfortable sometimes.

So here is a hat-trick of some music videos exploiting emotions laying outside of comfort zone.

Scary video

"Come To Daddy" by Aphex Twin.

Lyrics:
Spoiler:
I want your soul
I will eat your soul
I want your soul
I will eat your soul

I want your soul
I will eat your soul
I want your soul
I will eat your soul

Come to daddy, come to daddy

I want your soul
I will eat your soul
I want your soul
I will eat your soul
I want your soul
I will eat your soul

I want your soul

Video:
Spoiler:

Sad video

But it has a happy end (if I understood it right).

"Rabbit in Your Headlights" by Unkle featuring vocals from Thom Yorke.

Lyrics:
Spoiler:
I'm a rabbit in your headlights
Scared of the spotlight
You don't come to visit
I'm stuck in this bed

Thin rubber gloves
She laughs when she's crying
She cries when she's laughing

Fat bloody fingers are sucking your soul away...
(Away....away....away....)

Christian suburbanite
Washed down the toilet
Money to burn

Fat bloody fingers are sucking your soul away...

White worms on the underground
Caught between stations
Butterfingers
I'm losing my patience

Christian suburbanite
You got money to burn....

Fat bloody fingers are sucking your soul away.....
Away, away, away,
Away, away, away.

Video:
Spoiler:

Depressing music

This is a part of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories videogame soundtrack, so no "full-featured" music video here.

"Acceptance" composed by Akira Yamaoka and performed by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.

Lyrics (written by Joe Romersa):
Spoiler:
Time flows
Nobody knows
The years go by
Where we go
Alone from here

Night falls
Strange-colored walls
My eyes deceive
What is wrong
With me?

Deep in the night you think everything's right
Tell it to yourself. Say it's just a nightmare
Something is telling you nothing can change where you are
Again

Why should it matter, your dreams of a child?
Innocence is gone. Only fear to play with
Faces are changing, but nothing is changing the pain
Too late

Two steps I take getting closer and closer
And one more breath I take sends me further back

Over and over it calls to your soul
Say it isn't so. Emptiness surrounds you
No one can help if the angels refuse to come here
Who's there?

Cold-faded photos, they lay by your side
Something in my room. Never mind blue reason
Visions are lying and reasons just live to survive
This time

The cold. The light
The fear returning
It's not the eyes
You feel that's chilling you

Video:
Spoiler:
Old 10-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #22
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
JB vector closed!

Watch the first one if you're a minecraft fan, else watch the second one. If the second one doesn't work, start liking minecraft

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2013 at 07:20 AM.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Time for a change of genre?

A ballad based on true events, performed as country music song:

No one ever promised that "life" would be fair.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Maybe appropriate, if you substitute lab126 for Black Mesa. (shrugs)

ETA

Last edited by twobob; 10-17-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: life is a learning experience
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Somewhere over the rainbow

Music by Harold Arlen:

Felt like colouring my world... Why then, oh why can't I? (Amazon)

Lyrics by E.Y. Harburg:
Spoiler:

Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.

Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

To developers for colouring our software

Last edited by PoP; 10-19-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Rainbow-ified the lyrics
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

It seems we (Mobile Read) may have taught lab126 too much about how to do their job.

On the chance that we have seen an end to Jailbreak vectors:

Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
knc1
Going Viral

Another weekend, time to kick people awake a bit:

Old 10-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #29
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2

Lyrics
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #30
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Not Safe For Work: Explicit lyrics warning.

Not Safe For Work:
Explicit lyrics warning.

I am coming down with something.
Not feeling too great at the moment.

This not-so-cheery tune about sums it up.
"I guess I'll be fine"

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Six months have been and I'm still sick of everything that makes you smile,
I've been here before, I'm just hoping this will die down,
But I've learnt from experience, that love is a risk and I'm just hoping you're hearing this,
So maybe you'll know just how it feels to be sitting here,
Wide-awake and far from dreaming.

Don't tell me that I'll be fine.

My broken bones are caving in,
I feel you crawl beneath my skin,
You went and fucked this up 'cause you couldn't keep your legs shut.

And you'll find me burning bridges,
Searching for some sense of distance,
Tearing out post trauma stitches that held me together.
So far gone, my mind is racing,
Back and forth I can’t stop pacing,
Thinking where we could have been if you just braved the weather.

Fuck his car and fuck his money,
He might pay for you but he's got nothing,
I wont be in sight when you realise that I might just have been a more stable support,
To the life that you'll build when he cuts himself short.

Don't tell me that I'll be fine,
I'm so sick of hoping you're right.

And you'll find me burning bridges,
Searching for some sense of distance,
Tearing out post trauma stitches that held me together.
So far gone, my mind is racing,
Back and forth I can’t stop pacing,
Thinking where we could have been if you just braved the weather.

Take all I am,
Tear me into pieces,
Deconstruct my bones and tell me you still don't know who I am.
You've got some nerve thinking we could be friends,
Well what did you expect? A fucking compliment?

So take what’s left of me,
A broken fragment from before,
I guess I'll try to be the best I can without you here,
I know I'll find myself along this beaten track,
I'll have to let you go and let these ghosts stay in the past.

So take what’s left of me
A broken fragment from before,
I guess I'll try to be the best I can without you here,
I know I'll find myself along this beaten track,
I'll have to let you go and let these ghosts stay in the past.

I guess I'll be fine.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote