Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
ratchetclank
ratchetclank began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Problem installing Kindle ScreenSavers Hack

Hi everyone,

I have a problem installing the screensaver hack on a PW2. I'm on 5.4.2.1 with KUAL installed.

I followed the install instruction but on the after the reboot step, I still get the default screensavers.

I tryed reinstalling the lastest jailbreak (it shoed the jailbrek message), rebooting and reinstalling the lastest KUAL, but with no effect.

I figgured out that I had a "back door lock" enabled in kual (I jailbreaked it many month ago and don't remember exactly what i had done), i disabled it but with no effect. I tryed the installation via the "update your kindle" and via MRPI but, also, with no effect.

I'm running out of ideas and i would have really liked to be able to change my screensavers.
ratchetclank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
You don't have a "special offers" Kindle, do you? The screensaver hack will NOT work on a "special offers" Kindle. If you have "special offers" you have to pay Amazon to get rid of them and then do the screensaver hack.

If you don't have a "special offers" Kindle are you sure you are installing the proper binary? Check the first few digits of the serial against the table in the references to be sure which model you have and be sure you are usng the correct binary.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #3
ratchetclank
ratchetclank began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I don't think it's an add supported one as of
1) the price i brough it (129 € in october 2013)
2) I had never see any ad on it neither when powerd up nor when in sleep mode

My serial start with B0D4, which, according to the comparison table indicate a "Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi (U.S., Intl.)"

Edit : Ok, I'm just a big MORON....
I downloaded and used the "kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3.zip" instead of the "kindle-linkss-0.24.N.zip" ...

And that why kids, you shouldn't try to install thing past midnight ...

Anyway, thanks for the help ^^
ratchetclank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, you installed part of the screensavers hack.
Should come in handy if you want book covers for screensavers.

Always take a look at the userstore, because chances are something would be left there.
In this case, the python folder, but you should've gotten the linkss folder.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screensaver hack