Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Marty398
Marty398 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Problem Customizing Associated Press Recipe

I'm new to Calibre and am trying to customize the Associated Press feed to add Nebaska News. This is what I added:
Code:
                   ('AP Nebraska News', 'http://hosted.ap.org/lineups/NEBRASKAHEADS.rss'),
This seems to make my Kindle Touch freeze up for a minute or so after returning to the Sections and Articles view when I first click on the Nebraska News Section. Then it finally starts working again.

Other feeds have additional info following rss and I've tried some of those with the same results. I can't figure out what they actually mean, so I don't know if there is something there to fix my problem.

Any ideas?
Marty398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You likely have to adjust the cleanup code in the recipe to handle content from your additional feeds as well.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
Marty398
Marty398 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks. This will be a good opportunity to learn more about how recipes work.
Marty398 is offline   Reply With Quote