Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Folder layers

I've decided that Astak must really be a cult, and Robertb is the leader! Not only did you guys talk me into buying not one but two of your readers,(one 5" and one 6") now I am going nuts waiting for them to arrive!
So, to have something to do besides drive my hubby crazy I am going to get some books organized. I'm sure this is a simple question, but do both of these devices support multiple layers of folders/files? For example, can I have
Harlequin Romance
Jan
Feb
etc.
Jan
Feb
etc.

If I can't have that many subfolders, how many can I have?

Thanks to everyone for all your help in deciding on two readers! Here's hoping the UPS guy gets here early Monday.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
think it should be possible. I only have a few... but no probs... Not sure of the limit on numbers of folders...

Congrats on your Reader.

Welcome t Astak....Once you join Astak there is no turning back. You cannot leave. You are a member. You will check the MR Astak Forum everyday.There is no other reader except the Astak reader and Robertb is the leader.

You will be sent the Astak Mantra via email once your Reader has arrived.

Last edited by hidari; 03-12-2010 at 06:07 PM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I've decided that Astak must really be a cult, and Robertb is the leader! Not only did you guys talk me into buying not one but two of your readers,(one 5" and one 6") now I am going nuts waiting for them to arrive!
So, to have something to do besides drive my hubby crazy I am going to get some books organized. I'm sure this is a simple question, but do both of these devices support multiple layers of folders/files? For example, can I have
Harlequin Romance
Jan
Feb
etc.
Jan
Feb
etc.

If I can't have that many subfolders, how many can I have?

Thanks to everyone for all your help in deciding on two readers! Here's hoping the UPS guy gets here early Monday.
S
I don't think there is a limit other than the "root" (/) (\ in Windows)

You only have 3 levels deep shown
I run 4 levels using Calibre to manage them as the index paging only shows 8 at a time.
Code:
00noseries/{author_sort[0]}_author/{authors}/{title}-{id}

00NoSeries
.....A_Authors {last_Name_ Initial}
............. [all A authors Full Name]
.................... [Title by A Authors (folder)]
..........................[Book Versions for title]
.....B_Authors
............. [all B authors Full Name]
.................... [Title by B Authors (folder)]
..........................[Book Versions for title]

.....C_Authors

So Page#1 of the index shows:
A_Authors
B_Authors
C_Authors
D_Authors
E_Authors
F_Authors
G_Authors
H_Authors

Pick a system that is easy to navigate. Keeping in mind that there are only 8 visible items per page. (Calibre can not automate your example. It has 2 dates it can use. Published and Added, but not a finer break-out)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
And for our next battle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
think it should be possible. I only have a few... but no probs... Not sure of the limit on numbers of folders...

Congrats on your Reader.

Welcome t Astak....Once you join Astak there is no turning back. You cannot leave. You are a member. You will check the MR Astak Forum everyday.There is no other reader except the Astak reader and Robertb is the leader.

You will be sent the Astak Mantra via email once your Reader has arrived.
Dear Hidari:

Thank you for being an Astak evangelist, my good sir.

Now, for our next battle we need to ralleye the troops to fight the evil Product Manager and get him to start bringing in some new devices so we can move forward. Oh, if only you knew the terrible way the PM fights off all attempts to get anything done and stymies all creativity.

Welcome, Silverraven!! We are so pleased that you joined our little band of merry pranksters!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Since the EZ Readers are running Linux under the hood, it is a good idea to avoid spaces in folder names. Use a "_" instead, as illustrated by theducks. This may not make a difference, but it won't hurt. Spaces in filenames could also be problematic, but I would leave these alone if you have lots of ebooks that way already. If starting out, avoid spaces.

Linux does not in principle mind spaces in file names, but Linux scripts often don't have the required quotes around filenames because spaces are so rare in traditional Linux filenames.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Anyone else use Calibre and willing to share the regular expression for saving ebooks? Currently I use Calibre to do the conversion but I manually copy the files to a folder structure of;

(Fiction/Non-Fiction)\Author\Book Title- Author

I have been feeling that the manual intervention by me isn't the most efficient (after copying the files to the appropriate directory I run a quick'n dirty rsync script to sync to the PP). So to give me some better ideas on how to structure the file directories with Calibre (and use Calibre to sync my PP with the database), anyone care to share their regular expressions?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Just double checking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Since the EZ Readers are running Linux under the hood, it is a good idea to avoid spaces in folder names. Use a "_" instead, as illustrated by theducks. This may not make a difference, but it won't hurt. Spaces in filenames could also be problematic, but I would leave these alone if you have lots of ebooks that way already. If starting out, avoid spaces.

Linux does not in principle mind spaces in file names, but Linux scripts often don't have the required quotes around filenames because spaces are so rare in traditional Linux filenames.
So, what I need to do is, for example
Janet_Evanovich
Stephanie_Plum
But does the book name need the_ or not?
Should it be
One_For_The_Money
Or can the actual book name be
One For The Money

Either way is fine, I will just have to go back into Calibre and rename my Janet Evanovich books. I'd rather do it right to start than have to start all over again!
I love being able to use folder/file format. I put books on my neighbors Sony 600 for her and use the Sony software to make collections and synch with her library. I really just don't like it. I know there is a way to use Calibre, but I am working on her computer with her reader so I kind of have to use what she wants. Maybe once I get good at Calibre I can show her how much better it is.
S
My reader is still in Raleigh, so I won't get it till Monday
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Anyone else use Calibre and willing to share the regular expression for saving ebooks? Currently I use Calibre to do the conversion but I manually copy the files to a folder structure of;

(Fiction/Non-Fiction)\Author\Book Title- Author

I have been feeling that the manual intervention by me isn't the most efficient (after copying the files to the appropriate directory I run a quick'n dirty rsync script to sync to the PP). So to give me some better ideas on how to structure the file directories with Calibre (and use Calibre to sync my PP with the database), anyone care to share their regular expressions?
You will need to either do some steps using Calibre filters and adjust the save template or only have tags for folders you wish sorts to :/

Note: you can place "literals" into the save template (see my example above) if you have/want to keep all existing tags. You will need to choose the template before xfer.

To get: (Fiction/Non-Fiction)\Author\Book Title- Author
With only those 2 tags used within Calibre Library
{tags}/{authors}/{title}- {authors} #<<Note space requested, after -
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote