Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 02:41 AM   #616
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you hawhill for your job and your answers.

I will continue to report anything I find. Is this the correct place?
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 AM   #617
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, here, bug reports may get lost, as a forum is not the best kind of tracker, let alone a single thread. So yes, typically this will suffice to make developers aware, but if it isn't too much of a hassle for you (or other interested people), create an account on Github and report here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues - don't let the techno-talk in some of these issues pull you off. Any bug report is welcome, and when developers see that it is already reported or is actually desired behaviour, a short note is given and the issue is closed again. Feel invited to use these reporting facilities!
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #618
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafalele View Post
Thank you hawhill for your job and your answers.

I will continue to report anything I find. Is this the correct place?
Here is a good starting point for anything that **might** be a bug.
But once the community discussion on a point raised has been had,
and it is something other than a bad file or the operator asleep on the keyboard . . . .

Then the correct place to report a **possible actual** bug is as Hawhill posted above.
AND
in your bug report, mention that the point has been "community reviewed" on the forum before making the report.

That note might save somebody a lot of time in confirming the bug.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #619
rafalele
Enthusiast

Ok. Thank you hawhill and knc1.

Now I use epub file format, I have realized that selecting words to get a dictionary definition does not work as good as in fb2 files.

I mean, in the same book in fb2 and epub file formats, the word "Osiris" in the same paragraph is full marked in fb2 but only "iris" in epub file. In other paragraphs the same word, "Osiris", is full marked in both files.

I have seen this problem in other words in this book, not only in "Osiris".

If you consider this as a bug I will report it in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues

Last edited by rafalele; 11-19-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #620
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
I am trying KOReader for first time, is any settings to modify left/right margin to be smaller?
I trying to change:
-- margin {left, top, right, bottom} in pixels
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_SMALL = {5, 10, 5, 10}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_MEDIUM = {10, 15, 10, 15}
DCREREADER_CONFIG_MARGIN_SIZES_LARGE = {20, 20, 20, 20}

but I only notice that top and bottom margin are changed, left and right margins are same.

Also, notice with default settings (without modifying defaults.lua ) whenever I change margins small/medium/large I don't see differences in left/right margin.

I checking this with only with few files in epub format and last 2-3 version of koreader.
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 03:20 AM   #621
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you try to disable embedded styles (document settings on bottom right)?
Old 11-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #622
jation
Enthusiast

Everythings work now, i probably accidentally checked floating punctuation . With unchecked floating punctuation margins works perfectly.

Anyway, what is floating punctuation?
Old 11-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #623
rafalele
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jation View Post
Everythings work now, i probably accidentally checked floating punctuation . With unchecked floating punctuation margins works perfectly.

Anyway, what is floating punctuation?
It was the same for me it came checked by default.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #624
hawhill
Wizard

I can reproduce this. And I created an issue on Github for this.
By the way, you can set it to off by default with a long press on it.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #625
jation
Enthusiast

Is normal for Koreader (KPW2) in night mode to refresh on every page? In settings I put to refresh on every 1/6 page, also same behavior if i put on 1/12...
Old 11-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #626
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jation: A bug-turned-feature ;p. Trust me, you don't want to not flash on every page in night mode on a PW2 (cf. #1109).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #627
rafalele
Enthusiast

Hi.

Using Sigil to edit the epub file I was using, I've realized that the problem that I reported selecting words in epub to find the meaning in the dictionary, was due to a Calibre wrong conversion. The word "heliostatos" in the fb2 file became "heliost</span><span class="calibre6">a</span><span class="calibre6">tos.</span>" in the epub file.

Sorry for reporting this as a bug.

By the way I've returned to the fb2 file format because tough koreader does not show the covers of the books, it treats the footnotes the way I like, at the bottom of the page where the note is, instead to move to the end of the file and returning after reading it.

Thank you for your help.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #628
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafalele View Post
Hi.

Using Sigil to edit the epub file I was using, I've realized that the problem that I reported selecting words in epub to find the meaning in the dictionary, was due to a Calibre wrong conversion. The word "heliostatos" in the fb2 file became "heliost</span><span class="calibre6">a</span><span class="calibre6">tos.</span>" in the epub file.

Sorry for reporting this as a bug.

By the way I've returned to the fb2 file format because tough koreader does not show the covers of the books, it treats the footnotes the way I like, at the bottom of the page where the note is, instead to move to the end of the file and returning after reading it.

Thank you for your help.
Did you generate the fb2-files in Sigil? Basically saving an epub as fb2?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #629
rafalele
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Did you generate the fb2-files in Sigil? Basically saving an epub as fb2?
No. The original file was in fb2 format, and I used Calibre to get the epub version.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #630
juan_carlos
Enthusiast
juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.juan_carlos writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kindle 4
I found an error in newest nightly build(1217) on PW2. In epub files in text size menu I could use the increase and decrease options, but couldn't choose a size from the predefined ones, because it rebooted the kindle. It happened in more books, even after restarts. The problem is not there in build 1181.
Other problem is, that after OTA update, KOReader crashed. I updated, and after that it was unuseable. When I tried to open any books, it just flashed, and nothing happened. After the first time, I completely reinstalled koreader, and so it was fine for like a day. After the next update, the same happened again.
juan_carlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch