Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #601
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@rafalele: the ScreenSavers hack has nothing to do with KOReader, and won't in fact do anything about what you read in KOreader.

If you have a specific issue with it, I suggest asking about it in the right place .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #602
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafalele View Post
- - - - - -
I have also installed the last screensaver hack package in cover mode, thanks knc1 I did not know it was needed, and it changes anything, I continue with the amazon screensaver.
- - - - - -
Who? Me?
I only asked if you had a screensaver hack installed and if it was ours (this forums).

I only asked in an attempt to learn what we where troubleshooting.

KOReader is complete within itself to provide its features.

- - - - - -

Am I being clear now?

I wanted to know if there where two programs installed that could provide screensavers or only the one program, KOReader.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #603
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KOReader doesn't affect screensavers on the Kindle, unless I'm mistaken (since we rely on the framework's suspend/resume behavior).
Old 11-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #604
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thak you for your answers.

Then, if I chose one of the screensaver options in the menu, what should happen? On the latest nightly and the previos one I tested 20141110, nothing I do changes the behavior of my device. It is for that that I understood that the screensaver hack is needed.

I have to say that the behavior of the screensaver using koreader without frontend is the same before without the screensaver hack and now with it installed.

When I wake up the device the original Amazon screensaver appears and after that I get the page I was reading, and after one or two seconds the device makes a refresh of the page. This happens chosing any combination of the two available options.

I don´t know if this beahvior is related with the fact that these nightly versions cannot show the cover of the book. The stable release does it with no problem.

The book I´m reading is an fb2 file.

Than you in advance.

Last edited by rafalele; 11-12-2014 at 12:14 PM.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #605
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@rafalele: the ScreenSavers hack has nothing to do with KOReader, and won't in fact do anything about what you read in KOreader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
KOReader doesn't affect screensavers on the Kindle, unless I'm mistaken (since we rely on the framework's suspend/resume behavior).
The nice KOBO_ prefix in front of all the ScreenSaver related stuff should be a hint ^^.

[That said, with the framework in place, it shouldn't be terribly complex to plug that into the ScreenSavers hack, but I haven't really had the motivation to look into it yet ]

----

As for the cover, no idea. Do you know the format of the image (jpg/gif/png)?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-12-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #606
rafalele
Enthusiast

Thank you NiLuJe.

Then what do the screensaver options in koreader menu?

I dont know what type of image is the cover. It came with the ebook. I will try to see if I can get which types of image is.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #607
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@rafalele: It does what it says on the tin... on Kobos.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #608
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Wie should probably disable these menu items on other devices.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:45 AM   #609
rafalele
Enthusiast

Thank you both NiLuJe and hawhill.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #610
rafalele
Enthusiast

Hi.

Here again.

I have tried the Android KOreader version, last nightly 20141114, same as in kindle and it also does not show the book cover, I get the same black screen as in my kindle. Trying in Android version the mobi version of the same book does not show the cover page at all, the book starts in the first book page after the cover. Same mobi file in Allreader, android reader, is shown with its cover perfectly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #611
rafalele
Enthusiast

Hi. Me again.

The cover of the fb2 file is in jpg.

Thank you.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #612
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Now it does download fb2 from opds servers (e.g. www.flibusta.net), thanks a lot.

One more issue: Flibusta gives books in fb2 format in zipped files (extension .fb2.zip), but KOReader saves them as .fb2.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #613
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Could someone test this PDF on KOReader? Preferably on a 6" or 6.8" Carta/Pearl device,

Thinking about getting a 6" / 6.8" device, not sure the readability of scanned PDF like this.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Land and the Ruling Class in Hong Kong - Alice Poon_.pdf (53.4 KB, 158 views)
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #614
rafalele
Enthusiast

Hi.

I've converted the fb2 file with Calibre to epub file and now the koreader shows perfectly the cover.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #615
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
@rafalele: While that being a good workaround, I'm not sure why it didn't work in the first place with FB2. Thank you for reporting it in any case. We probably need to do some testing to find out why it didn't work with FB2.

@loyukfai: Works here - well, when it comes to reflowing the PDF, I get mixed results. The skewed scan leads to the reflow mechanism having a hard time, which leads to some differences in "font size". Without reflow, it's fine in any case. And if your scans do get a bit better, that will look good with Koreader.

Last edited by hawhill; 11-18-2014 at 05:47 PM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch