Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #586
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
I went back to version 921 from 2014.10.29, which seems to be OK on my PW2.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #587
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle Touch
Search for highlighted text

Now that the full text search works fine, can we have a feature to search for text highlighted by me? I would like to just go to the next highlighted text in either direction. The contents of the highlighted text are not important as far as the search is concerned.
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 03:45 AM   #588
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I went back to version 921 from 2014.10.29, which seems to be OK on my PW2.
Thank you very much trekk.

Now I also use this version. It is much better than the stable one.

Two questions:

When awaking the device it shows the correct page I was reading and after one or two seconds it makes a refresh. It is the same for you?

Do the screensaver options change the behaviour of your device? They do anything in mine, neither in this release we are using or in the latest nightly of 20141110.

I have to say I am using fb2 files.

Thanks again.

Last edited by rafalele; 11-11-2014 at 03:56 AM. Reason: fb2 files
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:03 AM   #589
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafalele View Post
Do the screensaver options change the behaviour of your device? They do anything in mine, neither in this release we are using or in the latest nightly of 20141110.
Sorry, I could not get my crystal ball to boot this morning - - -

Do you have a "Special Offers" Kindle?

Do you have our screensaver add-in package installed?
What version?

Do the screensavers work as described when not using KOReader?

Are you using the KUAL button set for the screensaver controls?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:31 AM   #590
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Bugs with regard to screensaver on Kindle has just been fixed. Could be that both the versions mentioned were affected. Nighlies starting from 20141111 should have that fix. And new bugs :-P No, just joking.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #591
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Bugs with regard to screensaver on Kindle has just been fixed. Could be that both the versions mentioned were affected. Nighlies starting from 20141111 should have that fix. And new bugs :-P No, just joking.
How is the development going?

In the sense of approaching a bug free, stable (although perhaps 'incomplete' in the developer's minds) release?

Say, within a month to six weeks?

I.E: Something that could be pre-loaded on a Holiday gift without apologies.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #592
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I can answer that with a link:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...2014.11-stable
Old 11-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #593
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Is that one based on the 2014-11-11 with the just discussed bug fixed?

I have to ask, since that bug is not listed at that link as either open or closed.

Edit:
Pull the 2014-11 stable tagged code, see if it has the "has fake events" commit included.

Could be that the bug was newer and fixed more recently than that 2014-11 stable page was generated.

Edit-2:
Ah, I see part of the problem, the repo does not have a v2014.11-stable tag point.
The most recent 'stable' tag is the 2014.04-stable tag.
Where-as the problem just discussed was merged at the v2014.11.11-nightly tag point.

ah, hell, what's just 7 months of bug-fix cherry picking among friends?
it isn't any harder than shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

- - - - -

I got it now:
pull the 2014.11-stable tarball ;
bi-sect repo changes to find the commit closest in code to tarball contents;
move all deck chairs from starboard to port side (so no one sees ice burg coming);

(where "it" is one possible path to backport bug fixes **only** since 2014.11-stable.)

Last edited by knc1; 11-11-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #594
hawhill
Wizard

What I linked was merely the list of bugs/issues left for the next "stable" milestone. It isn't really connected with tags/branches, and it is based on the latest codebase in the master branch.

What are you trying to do with the source tarball? You should not use that one for anything, I guess. Either use release files, or checkout the repository.

We never bothered to backport anything. There was some major rework, so both bugs and fixes do not apply easily to old code.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #595
knc1
Going Viral

Too bad your maintainer decided to stop tagging the "stable" release points last April.
It would be real nice to have a repo tag at: 2014.11-stable right now.

If someone who has write access to the repo would just add that tag to the appropriate commit ID, it would sure make this job a lot easier.

- - - - -

Please don't think I am picking on you or your project.

This is just a reflection of the path "OpenSource" development has taken.
L.T. and I had this same conversation nearly a decade ago, about how O.S. has lost the concept of "Done".
PS: He agreed but neither of us could see an easy way out of the path being taken.

Last edited by knc1; 11-11-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #596
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Err, that's kinda the goal of the 2014.11 milestone, I guess? (tagging a stable release, that is).

Except, well, it's a milestone, so, the stuff has to be done before it can actually be proclaimed 'stable' ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #597
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Err, that's kinda the goal of the 2014.11 milestone, I guess? (tagging a stable release, that is).

Except, well, it's a milestone, so, the stuff has to be done before it can actually be proclaimed 'stable' ^^.
I sure hope so.

In fact, I will go back to playing with the Kindle hardware while waiting to see what 2014-12-01 has brought us during November.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #598
rafalele
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you very much hawhill.

The version solved the awaking device bug.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #599
hawhill
Wizard

That wasn't a version but a list of "blockers", i.e. issues and bugs to be solved before we declare a version "stable". But since we are focusing on a stable release at the moment, I think any new version will be a slight improvement from now on.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #600
rafalele
Enthusiast

Hello.

I am using latest nightly version with fb2 files in a 1st generation PW.

This version does not show the book cover. I see a black screen. The stable version 2014.04 shows it.

I have also installed the last screensaver hack package in cover mode, thanks knc1 I did not know it was needed, and it changes anything, I continue with the amazon screensaver.

Thanks in advance.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch