Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
We just got our NookColor!!!

We are already fighting over it and it's charging It is awesome. Can anyone suggest a book style cover?
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Congratulations it is awesome i got the samuel johnson quote cover for $30 but bn.com has soo many nice ones
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Cute! Tell him he can use it after he does the dishes!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
Big Shirley
Enthusiast

Ha! One went out to skate and the other went to bed early!!!! This reader is incredible!!! I thought I wouldn't like the LCD screen, but it's beautiful. Magazines look fabulous. Organic Gardening looks better on the NC than in print. I got a few gift cards for Christmas and Birthday (close together) and I had really been wanting the Sony PRS-950 so when Borders filed chapter 11, I ordered one using my two gift cards and now I wish I could have gotten two of these.
Now I have to order a cover.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Congrats on the new toy! I think you'll like the Sony, too, when you're just reading and don't want to have to keep it plugged in - the battery life is much longer with the eInk screen, if all you want to do is read.

So use the Nook for your magazines and playing games and other fun stuff, and use the Sony when you want to curl up with a nice, long book!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
How many relationships will be destroyed by these devices? Better get two, for the sake of household harmony.

Anyhow, I have the "Industriell Cover in Storm" and I like it a lot:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=36174

It's simple, it's comfortable, it protects the nook, it doesn't attract attention, and it isn't girly (so us insecure guys won't feel like a dork carrying it around).

I'd advise not getting the similar cover which has a magnetic clip. I bought a cover like that for my eink nook, and the magnet is a scraping hazard when the nook is placed on a table or in a bag with anything fragile. (After it scratched up my coffee table, I cut the strap off and am now happy with it.)
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shirley View Post
Ha! One went out to skate and the other went to bed early!!!! This reader is incredible!!! I thought I wouldn't like the LCD screen, but it's beautiful. Magazines look fabulous. Organic Gardening looks better on the NC than in print. I got a few gift cards for Christmas and Birthday (close together) and I had really been wanting the Sony PRS-950 so when Borders filed chapter 11, I ordered one using my two gift cards and now I wish I could have gotten two of these.
Now I have to order a cover.
this is the one I got, I love it

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/John...?cds2Pid=35616
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Congrats on the new toy! I think you'll like the Sony, too, when you're just reading and don't want to have to keep it plugged in - the battery life is much longer with the eInk screen, if all you want to do is read.

So use the Nook for your magazines and playing games and other fun stuff, and use the Sony when you want to curl up with a nice, long book!
Big Shirley, I'm glad you love your NOOKcolor! Those magazines are brilliant, aren't they!

Well said, FizzyWater. E-ink and LCD complement each other well. The Sony 950 and NC make the perfect combination for me! Your description is exactly how I split my usage. I love them both!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #9
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Congrats on the NC! Maybe you'd consider the Aalto Cover sleeve instead of a regular cover? It provides good protection when you're not using the device, yet doesn't add any bulk while you're reading or browsing.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just got my NC today and I love it.

It won't replace my PRS-505 completely, but it's infinitely better for large format PDFs and comics. Besides, I love being able to put the Kindle app on it (yes I rooted within an hour of having it home) and carry one device for all the stores that has a screen larger than four inches.

I would like a wider aspect ratio, but it's still very very nice.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Big Shirley
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like I have plenty of time to search for covers tonight. My son asked for the Nook when he got home from school and I haven't seen it since! sjkevin, I quite agree. We may need a few more of these