Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Reader shopping, out of the loop

Hey guys!
I know there are great reviews out there for readers, but I have a rather specific list of needs/wants. My sister is looking to get her husband a reader. I have had my little Sony 505 for quite a while and am therefore out of the loop as far as the latest and greatest readers. If you have any suggestions based on this list I'd really appreciate your comments. Thanks!

-no wifi
-comparable size screen to Sony 505
-simple, just wants to read, not very interested in music or pictures etc.
-long lasting battery
-durable (which I'm sure a good case/cover will help with that)
-ability to read magazines well

I think that's about everything she told me. Thanks again for any suggestions!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
She'd probably like the Sony PRS-650.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The no WiFi bit leads to the Sony 650. If she is willing to go with a device with WiFi she will find a cheaper option in the Kindle, Nook, and Kobo.

I believe there are others devices that are WiFi less but I am not sure what they are.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Thank guys! I'm looking into upgrading to a 650 (poor little 505 can't hold a battery charge like she used to)...so that's what I suggested to her originally but I'm not familiar with other readers. (i really love my sony). So it's nice to hear a few others suggest it. thanks yall!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote