Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Felix Ding
Felix Ding began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Smile Anyone wants to join our beta testing at catalog.im? A new cloud ebooks library!

We are working on this "catalog.im" project, that aims to help book lovers to have a central place to store the whole ebooks library, and access the library on almost any device.

Very easy to use:
  1. Upload your ebooks and your personal library is all set (we identify the ebooks, fill in title, author and cover etc)
  2. Get your ebooks by downloading, OPDS, or "Send to Kindle" (my favorite feature)

Rich features:
  1. Upload & Done
  2. Full text search, even for book content (under working)
  3. PDF · EPUB · MOBI formats
  4. OPDS feed, Send to Kindle, and direct download ebooks
  5. Note & Rating
  6. Tags
  7. Reading Progress
  8. Public, theme-able library page

The service is under development at the moment, and we would love to have some people to try it out and give us feedbacks

Please leave your email address (or send it to me as a private message) so that I can invite you.

Some screenshots (click to enlarge):

"Timeline theme" for Library:
Click image for larger version

Name:	7457812120_c8a5aed212_z.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	88799

"Bookshelf theme" for Library:

Name:	7457811786_442d337ccd_z.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	88800

View a book:

Name:	7457811588_5f1a9f95c0_z.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	88801

OPDS support (Stanza and others):

Name:	7457815294_bc522ac6d6_z.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	88802

Personal settings:

Name:	7457825956_b91f020b2a_z.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	88803

About us:

Name:	7457826292_850343a3fe_z.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	88804

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Duprasi
Duprasi began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch 622
Will it be a free or a payed service? The screenshots look very inviting!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Felix Ding

Thanks!
You can use it for free, until the number of your ebooks reaches the limit. And we are going to make the premium service very affordable.

Stay tuned!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
taliwalt
taliwalt began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Phone
how do I get an invite! I'd love to test it out!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi everybody!

I will be glad to be one of the testers, so please count me in and let me know what to do!

Thanks,
see you soon!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
ojoavizor
ojoavizor began at the beginning.

Device: none
I will be very glad to joing your community. I have been searching for a service like yours for a long time. How can I get a invitation?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoavizor View Post
I will be very glad to joing your community. I have been searching for a service like yours for a long time. How can I get a invitation?

Thanks
Felix has not been on MR since sometime in July. Send a PM instead of waiting for a reply in this thread.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
ojoavizor
ojoavizor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you. I will try that way
Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
Felix Ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Felix has not been on MR since sometime in July. Send a PM instead of waiting for a reply in this thread.
We had experienced some engineering issues but now we have fixed them. So, catalog.im has entered its public beta today!

http://www.catalog.im
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
It says free trial ... what's the pricing? "The first two weeks are free" is too similar to how they push drugs ...
Old 01-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Felix Ding

The pricing is here: http://www.catalog.im/pricing

:-)
Old 01-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
X-static
X-static began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi. I registered and uploaded an epub but now can't see the option to download it. The only options I have are Rematch, Edit and Delete.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
What happens when someone with an active account stops paying? I assume they're locked out; how long is their content kept around--how long do they have to reactivate before their content is deleted?

Filetypes: Do you expect to support .cbr/.cbz files?

The "unlimited books" books option... how unlimited is that? The company I work for regularly processes a few hundred mb of PDFs at a time. While those were never intended as ebooks (scanned legal documents, mostly), there are plenty of large PDFs that are ebooks--archive.org and googlebooks both have scanned PDFs. Between those and the ability to convert .cbz to .pdf, you could find yourselves storing dozens to hundreds of gb of scans for high-capacity users.

Or is there a cap on individual book size? (You could still find yourself flooded with large sets of 5mb PDFs, but that's less likely. However, if you don't accept scanned-image PDFs, which regularly run 12-40mb, that should be stated somewhere that people can see it before they sign up. Some epubs are 12mb, if they're heavy with pictures or code.)

Where's your TOS? Under what conditions can someone's account be cancelled, and what happens to their content & their pre-payments in that case?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 AM   #14
Felix Ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-static View Post
Hi. I registered and uploaded an epub but now can't see the option to download it. The only options I have are Rematch, Edit and Delete.
It was a bug, but now it's fixed.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #15
Felix Ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
What happens when someone with an active account stops paying? I assume they're locked out; how long is their content kept around--how long do they have to reactivate before their content is deleted?
Their content will be kept. People who stop paying can still log in the site, browse the library, but can't upload or download anything.

Quote:
Filetypes: Do you expect to support .cbr/.cbz files?
Maybe. It all depends on who many people need this. If a lot of people who would like to pay for this, then yes!

Quote:
The "unlimited books" books option... how unlimited is that? The company I work for regularly processes a few hundred mb of PDFs at a time. While those were never intended as ebooks (scanned legal documents, mostly), there are plenty of large PDFs that are ebooks--archive.org and googlebooks both have scanned PDFs. Between those and the ability to convert .cbz to .pdf, you could find yourselves storing dozens to hundreds of gb of scans for high-capacity users.

Or is there a cap on individual book size? (You could still find yourself flooded with large sets of 5mb PDFs, but that's less likely. However, if you don't accept scanned-image PDFs, which regularly run 12-40mb, that should be stated somewhere that people can see it before they sign up. Some epubs are 12mb, if they're heavy with pictures or code.)
We do have a limit on file size: 50 MB. We accept scanned-image PDFs.

Quote:
Where's your TOS? Under what conditions can someone's account be cancelled, and what happens to their content & their pre-payments in that case?
No pre-payments required to have a 14-day trial. If the user decides not to pay, all his or her content will be kept. But you are right, we need a TOS. We will make one.

Thank you, I really like your questions
Closed Thread

Tags
cloud, ebook, library, management, opds