Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Where are Books Located

I just upgraded my computer from XP to Windows 7 and installed the Connect software. During the installation, Windows 7 backs-up the entire system into a directory Windows.OLD.

I do have a copy of the purchased books on a separate drive. However, I can't find all the other books that were in the Library prior to the installation.

1. Does anyone know where they are stored under XP? (hidden directories?)

2. How does one tell the new installation to look into a specific directory? Or does one drag the books into the "new" library software?

3. How would I go about deauthorizing the old (XP) software which no longer exists and authorizing the new Windows 7 installation?

Thank you!
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCISProf View Post
1. Does anyone know where they are stored under XP? (hidden directories)
My Documents\My Books\eBook Library, isn't it?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
My Documents\My Books\eBook Library, isn't it?
Thanks for the response.

Apparently not all. I have that folder and it contains only some of the books that I have on the PRS500.

Also, how do I get the library software to point to that directory. Should I simply drag them in?
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
No idea, I'm afraid - I'm still on XP & OSX!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote