Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Lightbulb Languages other than English

For EVERYONE'S convenience, to more easily distinguish between English and NOT, either a new column should be added to the left, with a letter or symbol for the language, or a language notation placed within the Author/Title column to the left of the Author's name (rather than the right, as currently seen (if at all), thus simplifying their location by those who use them, and allowing others to skip past them more quickly.

While perusing the .IMP category I noticed French, German and Portugese, but not surprisingly Spanish.

I also found The Yearling under History, I think Historical Fiction would be closer.
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
For EVERYONE'S convenience, to more easily distinguish between English and NOT, either a new column should be added to the left, with a letter or symbol for the language, or a language notation placed within the Author/Title column to the left of the Author's name (rather than the right, as currently seen (if at all), thus simplifying their location by those who use them, and allowing others to skip past them more quickly.

While perusing the .IMP category I noticed French, German and Portugese, but not surprisingly Spanish.

I also found The Yearling under History, I think Historical Fiction would be closer.
If I am reading your post correct, and I'm not sure I am, you can find lots of spanish ebooks here:

www.feedbooks.com
www.manybooks.net
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

I was just surprised to find no Spanish among the .IMP files vs. Portugese - which I hadn't expected to see.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was just surprised to find no Spanish among the .IMP files vs. Portugese - which I hadn't expected to see.

Am I addressing your issue correctly? I'm assuming you are wanting to know why there aren't more books available in the language your are interested in.

All books are uploaded by members, so it would depend on the Spanish/Portugese speakers to upload books in their respective language.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
ThePage
Connoisseur

I only read English (so far). From what you're saying, we apparently have no Spanish Speakers using the .IMP format.
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I only read English (so far). From what you're saying, we apparently have no Spanish Speakers using the .IMP format.
I have no clue, I've never checked. Anyone is welcome and downright encouraged to upload books in which-ever language they can.

Following our guidelines, of course.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
ThePage
Connoisseur

Well, if we do, they haven't got round to it yet.

Thank You.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As has been said, all books are uploaded by MR members; if you want Spanish books, the best thing to do is to create them yourself and then upload them for the benefit of others.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Actually, Jellby is speaking Spanish but likes to do art books more.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Actually, Jellby is speaking Spanish but likes to do art books more.
I've done more than that, but it has been taking much of my effort lately, that's true. I'm currently (proof)reading English, French and Italian books, after that I'll return to my list of pending works, which includes some Spanish texts. But I don't do IMP format, as ThePage said...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
You might take a look here...

http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/

Gene
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

I don't believe the responses, thus far, have addressed this excellent point.

Surely it would be curteous to all for the books' (primary) language to be annotated somewhere in the table of entries?

Last edited by GeoffC; 02-26-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Damn apostrophe ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
I like the idea. Multi-language support in the ebook section isn't available at the moment - neither for the users nor for us uploaders.
I would appreciate such a language symbol and additionally some kind of "filter" which one could use to filter ebooks in a specific language. Maybe just a new combo-box in the "Show thread header section" as shown in the attached picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	language_filter.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	24493  
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
Quote:

I second that idea, too. Imho, a symbol (flag?) suits best for this purpose.
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If a language tag were added for each book, there must be the possibility of assigning more than one language to a single book. I've already uploaded a couple of multilingual books already.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote