Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
0.4.91 problem

after installing 0.4.91 (binary version) I find I'm unable to open the configuration window:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1011, in do_config
  File "library.pyz/calibre.gui2.dialogs.config", line 74, in __init__
KeyError: 'C'

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try setting your LC_ALL environment variable to something other than C. For example in bash:

Code:
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I tried
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8; calibre

but the error remains the same...

alessandro
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 AM   #4
alexxxm
Addict

update:

I updated to 0.4.92 and the problem disappeared,

but:
at the start calibre prompted me (again) about the new database format, the need to choose a store directory etc, even if I already did it in the previous install. I opted for the previously chosen directory, and it died with:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1271, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1261, in main
  File "<string>", line 236, in __init__
  File "library.pyz/calibre.library.database2", line 1012, in migrate_old
sqlite3.IntegrityError: PRIMARY KEY must be unique
I tried deleting the content of this directory (I don't care, all my books are stored as html/rtf/... elsewhere) and it started OK.
But, I was surprised that it was able anyway to restore the few books I had in the library.
So probably the probem is that when it changes to the new format (since v0.4 I guess) it copies the old content but not deletes it from where it was stored before (I dont know where). When doing an upgrade it finds it again, and tries to add to an already existing database... at least I think it may be so

alessandro
Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, it doesn't delete your original database. If you want to delete it, delete the file library1.db
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert