Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
David Paul
David Paul began at the beginning.

Device: PDF
Self-Publishing to the Amazon Kindle - A Few Tips

It is certainly possible to have a book published on Amazon Kindle in less than an hour, and the sale within a few days. Unfortunately, no one looking over your shoulder to make sure you do it right . Not to mention that the author self-published four feature only one sales amount makes gloomy month . To ensure you do not fall between the unfortunate masses take a second to follow some essential tips to ensure your success in the Kindle publication.

Formatting - Your team must be well formatted CD or it will look terrible and lead to bad reviews. Avoid distance whenever possible , to understand that the Kindle is more like a roller that is displayed instead of a physical book. I do this by selecting the entire document and format = > Paragraph = > spacing = > after selecting 10 pt . Now, I will document and remove any extra space. I also still use Microsoft Word because it is the most compatible with the engine Kindle format. You must also add a table of contents you can click and various other details. Google " Smashwords Style Guide " for more free information on the format of the Kindle and other electronic readers.

Title - Perhaps the most important element of your eBook. If you are not a writer - fiction, is even more crucial. People have to find your ebook in the desert called Amazon . This means that you need to know what they want. I use the keyword tool from Google to research what people are searching the net . If I write a book on Kindle Publishing, write this and see what happens. I think people are looking not only for this combination of keywords, but also " Kindle marketing ", " the KDP editorial" " home business " etc. What Google says, is that people are looking for these keywords owners and you really need to be in the title of my book to be discovered. I am also looking for other books in a similar genre to understand what kind of language ( and coverage ) sell more books.

Cover - This is a very bad idea to do it yourself . If people find you on your way , take a quick decision on the quality of his book based on the cover. The term "do not judge a book by its cover" is simply not true . If the cover is excellent reader is much more likely to pick up your book. The place I like to do is called blankets 99design . com, which are not expensive and many designers . I harvested about 10 Amazon covers that I really like and show designers specific idea in my head.

Price - I've heard many stupid assumptions about the ideal area for a Kindle book price, ignore this advice . Instead, let the price of his book at.99 cents to have some decent sales and doing well in some categories . After that there seems to be much more than we sell , the price inches . The next price point is 2.99 , you can receive 70% and make a good amount of money. If you do not see a massive dip in sales, keep the price here for a while . Once you feel sales will not change too much trying to hit the price of one dollar per month until you feel you have maximized the gain (and not total sales) . Depending on the needs of material and shape of niche you are, the price can go as high as 9.99 but most likely you will do everything possible to 4.99.
David Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thread moved to a more appropriate forum: The Writers' Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
MichelleLouring
Owl Lady
MichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Android Tablet
I'm sure there's a lot of good advice in this post, but I kept getting thrown off by the many grammatical errors.
My advice is to proofread before posting
MichelleLouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is this some kind of machine translation? It's the strangest English I've ever read! I really hope that the author of this post hasn't written his books in the same strange version of English.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-05-2014 at 10:26 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
mrmarlowe
Zealot
mrmarlowe began at the beginning.

Device: Caliber
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this some kind of machine translation? It's the strangest English I've ever read! I really hope that the author of this post hasn't written his books in the same strange version of English.
Regardless, some of the advice there is pretty solid though.
mrmarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarlowe View Post
Regardless, some of the advice there is pretty solid though.
But not very original (except in its phrasing, which has already been commented on).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote