Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
Greg7976
Greg7976 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Video in Sigil

Hi All I added video to my epub through Sigil and this is what I get (See photo) It does work on my ipad though....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	video.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	106936  
Greg7976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg7976 View Post
Hi All I added video to my epub through Sigil and this is what I get (See photo) It does work on my ipad though....
Sigil only does EPUB 2

It was made friendly to EPUB 3 (no longer kills anything related: Video, Audio...), but you are on your own otherwise.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It is not that Sigil is hostile to epub3. It is just that there are very few devices that display it and most go about it in their own unique way. Epub2 is still the bruising edge and epub3 is the massive hemorrhage edge.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote