Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Where can I see to whom I gave Karma?

It's quite easy to find the place where you get the posts written by you for which you received karma. However, is there a possibility to see the posts to which you gave karma?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I don't think there is, and I remember a thread a while back with participants wishing for just such a feature. Sometimes I get a cryptic message thanking me for my karma and adding something I just don't understand... because I can't remember what I said when I gave karma, and it was karma from a while ago.

I'd love a way to check not only to whom I gave the karma, but also what I said in the little box when giving it!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
AFAIK impossible.
I wish we had the feature.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Sometimes I tell people thanks for the karma even when they didnt give it to me just to make them wonder if they did.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
However, is there a possibility to see the posts to which you gave karma?
Yes there is. All you need to do is single click on every single post's karma button to see if you have previously given karma to that post. If you have it will say "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."

I never said it wouldn't be time consuming.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Sometimes I tell people thanks for the karma even when they didnt give it to me just to make them wonder if they did.
What a wonderful idea!

THIS is what I am going to do to people I very strongly disagree with [:Mischievous grin:]

Imagine a situation.
You just had a very heated discussion with someone. A strong disagreement.
Just send him a message "Thank you for the Karma, I am glad we agree at least on some points" ... and ... let him/her wonder
Bwa-ha-ha-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Yes there is. All you need to do is single click on every single post's karma button to see if you have previously given karma to that post. If you have it will say "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice."

I never said it wouldn't be time consuming.
But that is not the way that works.
You can't give the same user Karma, twice IN A ROW.
You are advised to spread it around

I have given Karma to the same persons over time.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes, but not for the same post.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
But that is not the way that works.
You can't give the same user Karma, twice IN A ROW.
You are advised to spread it around

Hi theducks! What I said is precisely correct.

The "You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice" message always overides the "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to X" message, if that specific post has had karma. It can always be determined if a single post has received karma by clicking on the post's karma button. (The only exception is if the user has been banned and their karma button is missing.) If the "..spread.." message comes up then that means that single post itself has not received karma, just that person has recently. If you spread it around then come back to that post then you will indeed see that it can receive karma.

This can be proven by clicking the exact last post itself that you gave karma to. It will not say to spread it around.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote