Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
AppleTard
AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AppleTard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Page Numbers for Personal Docs

I'm experimenting with using Amazon personal docs storage to sync sideloaded books across all devices.

I use Calibre to convert my book to MOBI format, then use the Send to Kindle application to store it on the cloud. So I can download it from whatever device I want. It all works perfectly, except for page numbers. Only those stupid locations. Am I doing anything wrong, or is there any way to create personal documents with page numbers?
AppleTard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleTard View Post
I'm experimenting with using Amazon personal docs storage to sync sideloaded books across all devices.

I use Calibre to convert my book to MOBI format, then use the Send to Kindle application to store it on the cloud. So I can download it from whatever device I want. It all works perfectly, except for page numbers. Only those stupid locations. Am I doing anything wrong, or is there any way to create personal documents with page numbers?
you have to use calibre with a plugin: count pages, they set a page for your ebook ,and than re-convert your ebook and send to personal document, and you will see the pages.
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You will have to send the files to the ereader using Calibre, though. Sending via Send to Kindle won't carry the page numbers file with it.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote