Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
jugga01
jugga01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Complex scenario regarding different languages

I tried searching for an answer to my question, but never found anything that could directly answer it so I was hoping someone knows.

Here's the scenario:
I'm living in France with my g/f who is German and is moving back to Germany in a couple months. If I buy her a Kobo Touch from France, will she be restricted in any way from libraries of the different countries. For example, when she goes back to Germany, will she be able to access the whole German book library Kobo has to offer, and will the Kobo touch from France be able to display all the books correctly?

I'm assuming a Kobo bought anywhere in the world is only restricted by the rules of the country that it is being used in and not by where it was bought.
jugga01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think the geo-restriction will be by address on the account and credit card.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I’m in Portugal and here the kobo is asociated with FNAC, at first every time I tried to enter the kobo website it would redirect me to the portuguese Fnac web, since I bought the kobo to buy and read books in english that are not sold in portugal I was very dispointed, but I tried to buy books directly with te glo and I was able to buy them, I bought some using an adress in england, and one using an adress in the United states.
Last week I finaly was able to enter the kobo web site without being redirect to Fnac, so I tried to buy in the web site and I was able to do it, since the same book had a better price in the UK I gave an adress there and purchased the book that I wanted.
Also, I bought some books using a paypal account with a portuguese adress and also using a credit card with a portuguese adress, and add no problems.
Hope my input helps you.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote