Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #691
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Looking around this thread it appears that EVERYONE is hotter than normal.
We've got a blistering heat wave going on up here - 63F and cloudy. Heading for a sweltering 71F.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #692
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Yep, we are just now entering the traditional hottest period of the year--basically mid-July through mid-August. This is tame compared to a few years ago though. But it is still way too hot for me, and I grew up here. You just never get used to it...
Oh yes, those 2 or 3 years that we had no precipitation whatsoever and then the fires came.
I grew up here too. Somehow it doesn't seem as hot when you are a kid.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #693
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
We've got a blistering heat wave going on up here - 63F and cloudy. Heading for a sweltering 71F.
Oh monkey,
Can I suggest a storage place for your bananas? You are just being mean now.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #694
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I'm seeing 64° with a decent shot at some precipitation there currently. I wouldn't mind living in the area. It rains all the time, but the rain isn't the kind that keeps people indoors. It's mostly a light rain.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #695
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm seeing 64° with a decent shot at some precipitation there currently. I wouldn't mind living in the area. It rains all the time, but the rain isn't the kind that keeps people indoors. It's mostly a light rain.
Yep; Seattle gets a rep for lots of rain. There are quite a few cities with more rainfall than us (Atlanta, New York, DC, etc), but we tend to have more dreary overcast days with light rainfall.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-22-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: typo
Advert
Old 07-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #696
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Oh monkey,
Can I suggest a storage place for your bananas? You are just being mean now.
It's what monkeys do for fun. Pardon me, but the sweat is just dripping down my forehead. Time for another ice cold lemonade.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #697
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
When I glanced at that I thought it said "-63F and cloudy". Was beginning to wonder if you live on some distant icy planet. Hoth maybe?
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #698
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
When I glanced at that I thought it said "-63F and cloudy". Was beginning to wonder if you live on some distant icy planet. Hoth maybe?
...should've used two dashes; my bad. Anyway, that sounds refreshing considering the heat wave I'm suffering through
Old 07-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #699
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
...should've used two dashes; my bad. Anyway, that sounds refreshing considering the heat wave I'm suffering through
Hi. I would like to cordially invite you to the Sandhills. Guaranteed all kinds of sun and stars.
Might even find a banana or tuna.
This offer expires August 31.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:10 PM   #700
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Hi. I would like to cordially invite you to the Sandhills. Guaranteed all kinds of sun and stars.
Might even find a banana or tuna.
This offer expires August 31.
White Sands is better
Old 07-22-2016, 09:53 PM   #701
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
White Sands is better
Ok, that is only a 4 hour drive from me.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #702
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Ok, that is only a 4 hour drive from me.
monkey's been there several times.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:23 PM   #703
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
monkey's been there several times.
I haven't been there since I was 13.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #704
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Alexa Stuff

* "Alexa, enable the Daily Show skill"
* "Alexa, ask The Daily Show for news"

* "Alexa, play Morning Edition on TuneIn"

* "Alexa, tell me a cat joke"
* "Alexa, tell me a dog joke"
Old 07-22-2016, 11:26 PM   #705
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I haven't been there since I was 13.
Ages for me too. I'm no longer a desert monkey, I'm a soggy monkey