Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2016, 11:28 PM   #676
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Just saying hi as I am now the proud owner of an Echo.

Does anyone have any recs as to their favourite skills?

Also, with the skills, do I have to be wary of the developer's permissions with these?

Thanks in advance.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #677
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Why can't Alexa give Real Feel temps? Alexa says it 96 degrees out. Yes Alexa, it is but the heat index is 113!!! Amazon needs to add Real Feel and Humidity to their weather reports.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #678
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Make the suggestion, the Echo team listens.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #679
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have sent them feedback. A few times.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:34 PM   #680
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Why can't Alexa give Real Feel temps? Alexa says it 96 degrees out. Yes Alexa, it is but the heat index is 113!!! Amazon needs to add Real Feel and Humidity to their weather reports.

Inspired me to ask the current temperature. Alexa tells me it's currently 82 and sunny.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #681
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I have sent them feedback. A few times.

I just sent a request for sumertime heat indexes and wintertime wind chill factors.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #682
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Inspired me to ask the current temperature. Alexa tells me it's currently 82 and sunny.
81 and mostly cloudy here in the Emerald City.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #683
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
81 and mostly cloudy here in the Emerald City.
Don't need no stinking heat indexes and wind chill factors, it's always 81 and sunny in the beautiful Sandwich Islands and we don't got no wintertime.

Spoiler:
Only the occasional hurricane

Last edited by wodin; 07-21-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #684
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Don't need no stinking heat indexes and wind chill factors, it's always 81 and sunny in the beautiful Sandwich Islands and we don't got no wintertime.

Spoiler:
Only the occasional hurricane
...but it's brrr at the top

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #685
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just sent a request for sumertime heat indexes and wintertime wind chill factors.
Thanks. It's much needed.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #686
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:

As soon as we got hot weather, I noticed that it never gives the humidity %. I need that information. If it's 82 and very humid it's very different than 82 with low humidity.

How do I contact them about this?

I've also noticed that Alexa weather makes much of flash flood/t-storm watches more than I see on weather.com or hear on the radio.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:36 AM   #687
jswinden
Nameless Being

Here in hell, I mean north Texas, the weather forecasters always say don't pay attention to just the temperature because it is the heat index that really matters in the summer. We still have not reached 100° on the temperature gauge this summer, unusual for this time of year, but we are consistently hitting 105° plus on the heat index due to the winds coming off of the Gulf of Mexico that pump in the humidity. You cannot even stand in the shade outside without sweating through your clothes this time of year. I'm not sure what my ancestors were thinking on their westward journey to make them stop in Texas to settle rather than going a few hundred miles farther until they reached New Mexico or Colorado. Darn idiots they were!
Old 07-22-2016, 12:28 PM   #688
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
...but it's brrr at the top

Yup, can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:46 PM   #689
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here in hell, I mean north Texas, the weather forecasters always say don't pay attention to just the temperature because it is the heat index that really matters in the summer. We still have not reached 100° on the temperature gauge this summer, unusual for this time of year, but we are consistently hitting 105° plus on the heat index due to the winds coming off of the Gulf of Mexico that pump in the humidity. You cannot even stand in the shade outside without sweating through your clothes this time of year. I'm not sure what my ancestors were thinking on their westward journey to make them stop in Texas to settle rather than going a few hundred miles farther until they reached New Mexico or Colorado. Darn idiots they were!
I can answer your question. M o n e y.
Oh and darling, you aren't quite in hell yet. You are just approaching the edge. Our weather people just say stay indoors and drink plenty of water.
Also be glad you don't need an over the shoulder boulder holder. .

Looking around this thread it appears that EVERYONE is hotter than normal.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #690
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I can answer your question. M o n e y.
Oh and darling, you aren't quite in hell yet. You are just approaching the edge. Our weather people just say stay indoors and drink plenty of water.
Also be glad you don't need an over the shoulder boulder holder. .

Looking around this thread it appears that EVERYONE is hotter than normal.
Yep, we are just now entering the traditional hottest period of the year--basically mid-July through mid-August. This is tame compared to a few years ago though. But it is still way too hot for me, and I grew up here. You just never get used to it...