Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #646
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I forgot the smiley. Kenny G makes me want to rip my ears off.

But then, so do those bands you listed. That ain't music, it's screaming! I hate that kind of metal. So three cheers to Alexa for making it difficult for you to hear it.

5char
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:52 PM   #647
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Doesn't really matter what era you grew up in. I was a teenager in the 70's and I don't listen to much of that stuff anymore, but I still love me some Hendrix.
I was a teenager in the 70's too (71-78) and for some strange reason mostly listened to country music during that decade. But being the youngest of four kids I heard plenty of 60's pop and rock in the 60's since my siblings are a lot older than me. But today I'm more apt to listen to pop and rock from the 70's and 80's, and country music turns my stomach now. No offense to anyone who likes country music, but I simply cannot stand it any more. I agree, we can change our tastes over time. When I was twenty something and even thirty something I liked action adventure movies. Now as I near 60 I cannot stand them. The times they are a changing... And since my parents grew up in the Great Depression and were a part of the Greatest Generation of the WWII era, I also heard a lot of Mom's 78 LPs from the big band era, and I still love that music too.
Advert
Old 07-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #648
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

5char
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #649
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm a odd ball I guess. I listen to music I grew up with. Today's music just isn't for me with a few exceptions. I do love country music but the stuff out now to me isn't country. It all sounds the same with a few exceptions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #650
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm a odd ball I guess. I listen to music I grew up with. Today's music just isn't for me with a few exceptions. I do love country music but the stuff out now to me isn't country. It all sounds the same with a few exceptions.

Actually I didn't word that correctly. I should have said I cannot stomach contemporary country music. I do like the old Texas swing style and classic country from the 60's and early 70's. I grew listening to Conway Twitty, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Patsie Cline, Charlie Pride, Marty Robbins, etc. I especially like the old, early 60's country ballads. That was the music I used to lie in bed and listen to late at night growing up in the 60's. We are talking about listening to an old bakelite style of radio with vacuum tubes and AM only, so lots of static especially when listening to the far away stations!
Advert
Old 07-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #651
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Well you don't listen to good music like I do - Metal.

When I had tried them I kept getting pop or rap music and I don't care for either. This is going back quite a ways, so maybe I should try again at some point.
Did you try to do a custom station? The Metallica station plays nothing but Metal.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #652
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's too heavy for me. I'll stick with my big hair bands. Def Leopard, Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, White Snake, Damn Yankees...etc You can tell what era I grew up in.

Forgive me for this but I do believe it is Def Leppard. Must say I always loved what the drummer wears.
So Pyromania Era or Hysteria era?
Old 07-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #653
jswinden
Nameless Being

I tried to find big band era (1940's) music asking Alexas, but was unsuccessful. She kept playing soft jazz which is okay for sleeping, but not my thing! Anyone been able to find the 40's swing era music on Echo?
Old 07-17-2016, 08:49 PM   #654
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Forgive me for this but I do believe it is Def Leppard. Must say I always loved what the drummer wears.
So Pyromania Era or Hysteria era?
Autocorrect strikes again. We daily battle it out. AC and me.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #655
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Actually I didn't word that correctly. I should have said I cannot stomach contemporary country music. I do like the old Texas swing style and classic country from the 60's and early 70's. I grew listening to Conway Twitty, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Patsie Cline, Charlie Pride, Marty Robbins, etc. I especially like the old, early 60's country ballads. That was the music I used to lie in bed and listen to late at night growing up in the 60's. We are talking about listening to an old bakelite style of radio with vacuum tubes and AM only, so lots of static especially when listening to the far away stations!
I like them too But I grew up on Alan Jackson, Alabama, Oak Ridge Boys, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Shania Twain, Lori Morgan, Dolly Parton just to name a few. This is the era of country I prefer the most.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:08 PM   #656
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Did you try to do a custom station? The Metallica station plays nothing but Metal.
I don't remember exactly what I tried, but I thought it was something like that. And it kept playing stuff I didn't like and you don't get many skips for free. I think I started with Ministry and they kept giving me rap rock.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:08 PM   #657
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Isn't Kenny G metal? I listen to metal, but it depends on how it's defined. These groups are frequently defined that way, though some of them are questionable -- AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Ozzy, Rush, Thin Lizzy, Uriah Heep, Van Halen, and Vanilla Fudge.
Quote:
No smiley after Isn't Kenny G metal? Are you serious? He's sort of jazz.

Some of those very old bands are metal. How about Ministry, Lamb of God, Damage Plan, Slayer, Meshuggah, Kittie. The last couple on Metal Assault Radio were Malevolent Creation and Cannibal Corpse.
Kenny G plainly plays metal, as you can tell from the photograph below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kenny-g-performs-live-01.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	150270  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:11 PM   #658
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Autocorrect strikes again. We daily battle it out. AC and me.

As to Def Leppard my too favorite songs are Too late for love and Love bites.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:03 PM   #659
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
As to Def Leppard my too favorite songs are Too late for love and Love bites.
Pour Some Sugar On Me and Love Bites are mine. Good memories. I'm a bigger Bon Jovi fan though than Def Leppard. I have them all uploaded on Amazon but here I seldom use Alexa to play music. Too many neighbors.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #660
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Pour Some Sugar On Me and Love Bites are mine. Good memories. I'm a bigger Bon Jovi fan though than Def Leppard. I have them all uploaded on Amazon but here I seldom use Alexa to play music. Too many neighbors.

You are a good neighbor to them Blossom! The last time I lived in an apartment several of my neighbors would party all night and have 20 to 30 friends over at a time! I got to know many of our local cops by name. And who doesn't enjoy the weekly marital disputes that occur right outside your front door? (Sarcasm of course.) I tried to be a good neighbor like you, but many of my neighbors were anything but good or neighborly. But that was the only apartment I ever lived in that was rowdy like that. Most of them were okay. At any rate, I'm glad those days are long over as I live in a house I bought in a quiet neighborhood populated mostly by families.