Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
mizo9999
mizo9999 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
BeBook device? Just a Hanlin v3?

Why isn't there a dedicated topic for the BeBook device? Just curious; there are so many other devices provided for separately.

Is it because the hardware is the same as a HanLin v3? Because the BeBook people seem to be pushing out unique firmware updates at least....

Last edited by mizo9999; 11-12-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Sorry, got the name of the Hanlin wrong...fixed in text, couldn't edit the title!
mizo9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizo9999 View Post
Is it because the hardware is the same as a HanLin v3? Because the BeBook people seem to be pushing out unique firmware updates at least....
Yes.

Really my understanding is the only diff in the BeBook and Hanlin is some branding.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
They have not released a unique firmware yet. They are very vocal promoters, true, but the firmwares they've promoted are the from Jinke (maker of the Hanlin V3).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
mizo9999
mizo9999 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Send in the clones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
They have not released a unique firmware yet. They are very vocal promoters, true, but the firmwares they've promoted are the from Jinke (maker of the Hanlin V3).
Okay, thanks! I suppose with the impending 'EZREADER' it might be too much to set up a separate section for every Hanlin clone that comes along. Hm...if Hanlin's become the 'pc' of the e-book market, they might at least help break down the DRM mind set of most of the content providers!
mizo9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizo9999 View Post
Okay, thanks! I suppose with the impending 'EZREADER' it might be too much to set up a separate section for every Hanlin clone that comes along. Hm...if Hanlin's become the 'pc' of the e-book market, they might at least help break down the DRM mind set of most of the content providers!
I agree. And with the version of Open Inkpot, (along with Madshelf and FBReader) for the Hanlin Jinke V3 being so much further along than that for the Cybook, seriously consider buying a BeBook. (Link to my affiliate's page in my sig line. )
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A forum reorganization is "in the works" which will allow for the close relation of the Hanlin, BeBook, etc, while giving them each a separate sub-section for device-specific issues.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote