Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Calibre Covers in Aldiko vs. Moon Reader

Does anyone know why a cover inserted into an ePub in Calibre comes out on a separate page in Aldiko {like it should], but in Moon Reader it comes in and is immediately followed with text below it. I've seen where some downloaded ePubs from the Internet come in as separate pages in Moon Reader so I know it can be done.

But I don't know why one works and not another.

Interesting enought too. My colored title page and the rule underneath it come in fine in Aldiko, but in Moon Reader they come in as just plain text.

Some different interpretation going on in the two different applications I assume?
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themus View Post
Does anyone know why a cover inserted into an ePub in Calibre comes out on a separate page in Aldiko {like it should], but in Moon Reader it comes in and is immediately followed with text below it. I've seen where some downloaded ePubs from the Internet come in as separate pages in Moon Reader so I know it can be done.

But I don't know why one works and not another.

Interesting enought too. My colored title page and the rule underneath it come in fine in Aldiko, but in Moon Reader they come in as just plain text.

Some different interpretation going on in the two different applications I assume?
Hey, Themus:

I think you posted this in the wrong forum. Mods, could you move this to ePUB, please?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It might be, but without some (code) examples we cannot say anything sensible about it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote