Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #196
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraSlunicko View Post
I've uninstalled the plugin and deleted it from the disk, downloaded it again, installed it and still the same result.

I am installing the plugin directly after downloading without unpacking it.
I'm not sure what would cause those errors, but try this.

Run this to remove the plugin:
Code:
calibre-customize -r 'Create Kindle Collections'
Check the plugins directory for any sign of 'Create Kindle Collections' and remove the files (in case you manually copied it there).

Run this to add the plugin and post the output:
Code:
calibre-customize -a create_kindle_collections_plugin.zip
You can also use "calibre-customize -l" to list the plugins to see if its there.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #197
MiraSlunicko
MiraSlunicko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
>>> Adding the plugin was without any problem:

c:\Program Files\Calibre2>calibre-customize -a d:\kos\create_kindle_collections_
plugin.zip
Plugin added: Create Kindle Collections (1, 3, 3)

>>> Then I tried to list plugins and got error:

c:\Program Files\Calibre2>calibre-customize -l
Type Name Version Disabled Site Customizat
ion

User Interface ActionCreate Kindle Collections(1, 3, 3) False
Create collections on Kindle from Calibre columns
Python function terminated unexpectedly
not a Zip file (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 596, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 237, in is_customizab
le
File "<string>", line 85, in customization_help
File "<string>", line 74, in get_base_plugin
File "<string>", line 68, in get_base_module
zipimport.ZipImportError: not a Zip file

>>> ... to be sure thayt I am using the correct plugin file:
create_kindle_collections_plugin.zip , size 18895 bytes

I have two Python versions on my comp - V2.6 and 2.7. Could not be the problem there ?

Mira
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #198
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to the calibre config directory, delete the plugins sub directory and then re-add the plugin.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #199
MiraSlunicko

I deleted the Calibre2\plugins direcory but now the Calibre won't start:
c:\Program Files\Calibre2>calibre-customize -a d:\kos\create_kindle_collections_plugin.zip
No module named winutil (Error Code: 1)
File "site.py", line 84, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\constants.py", line 95, in <module>
Exception: No module named winutil
So I manually added winutil.pyd, icu.pyd and magick.pyd to the plugin directory and tried to add the Create Kindle Collection which passed without error but after running calibre-customize -l, the result was as usual:
c:\Program Files\Calibre2>calibre-customize -l
Type Name Version Disabled Site Customizat
ion

User Interface ActionCreate Kindle Collections(1, 3, 3) False
Create collections on Kindle from Calibre columns
not a Zip file (Error Code: 1)
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 596, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 237, in is_customizab
le
File "<string>", line 85, in customization_help
File "<string>", line 74, in get_base_plugin
File "<string>", line 68, in get_base_module
zipimport.ZipImportError: not a Zip file
Mira
Old 02-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #200
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You've got a corrupted calibre install. Uninstall, delete c:\program files\calibre2 and the plugins directory, then re-install.
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #201
MiraSlunicko

Which files should I backup to keep my library ?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #202
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

uninstalling does not affect your library.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #203
SingleEyePhotos
SingleEyePhotos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Connect your Kindle. Go to Start -> My Computer. You should see an entry for your Kindle (like E. Open/click/double click on that drive/location. You may see documents/music/audible directories but you want the one called 'system'. If you don't see it, click the address box at the top of the window to edit it and change it, for example, from "E:" or "Computer -> Kindle (E", to E:\system, then hit Return
That did it, thanks! FYI, and for anyone else interested, I'm using XP. I had turned on the system folder and hidden files, but nothing showed - typing F:/system in the address box brought up the system folder and collections.json immediately.

Edited to add: However, now I'm getting an error when I try to run Manage Collections from the toolbar:

calibre, version 0.7.45
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'BooksModel' object has no attribute 'get_collections_with_ids'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_collections.py" , line 33, in edit_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 395, in edit_device_collections
AttributeError: 'BooksModel' object has no attribute 'get_collections_with_ids'

I've uninstalled the plugin, restarted Calibre, re-installed the plugin, restarted Calibre again, but no change.

Thanks!

Last edited by SingleEyePhotos; 02-16-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #204
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleEyePhotos View Post
However, now I'm getting an error when I try to run Manage Collections from the toolbar:
Go back into your toolbar preferences > Toolbar when a device is connected:

Remove "manage collections" and replace it with "Create Kindle Collections". I believe "manage collections" is a Sony function.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:24 AM   #205
MiraSlunicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You've got a corrupted calibre install. Uninstall, delete c:\program files\calibre2 and the plugins directory, then re-install.
Ouch. I removed the Calibre with its directories and reinstalled - and I am where I've been before - Error message on double-clicking the plugin and no item in the customize dialog. :-(((

To be sure that I don't do anything wrong way:
- Kindle not connected
- I open Preferences/Advanced/Plugins
- click on the "Add a new plugin" button
- select the "create_kindle_collections_plugin.zip" from the place where I downloaded it
.. there is a confirmation dialog "are you sure ...." - I choose Yes
Calibre displays success dialog
- I click on Apply and restart Calibre by Ctrl-R

- I open Preferences/Interface/Customize the toolbar and select The main toolbar when a device is connected

- There is NO Create Kindle Collection item

Running calibre-customize -l from the command line reports "zipimport.ZipImportError: not a Zip file"

I am at my loss ...

Mira

Mira
Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 AM   #206
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Try removing it again, and installing one of the other plugins from the Plugin index page - to see if they behave any differently - e.g. Search the Internet since it uses a toolbar icon (but add it to the menu 'when device is not connected')
Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #207
MiraSlunicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Try removing it again, and installing one of the other plugins from the Plugin index page - to see if they behave any differently - e.g. Search the Internet since it uses a toolbar icon (but add it to the menu 'when device is not connected')
The same result - zip error and no icon.

I've tried to install an example plugin from here: http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...o-world-plugin

Double-clicking on it doesn't report error and reports "does not need customization" .

But it does not seem to work either - according to the author it should change Publisher to Hello,world during book conversion which is not the case

Mira
Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #208
korinian
korinian began at the beginning.

Thanks

It works like a dream and saves me a ton of time. Thanks for all of your hard work, and thanks to everyone who answers questions and helps support this.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #209
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraSlunicko View Post
The same result - zip error and no icon.

I've tried to install an example plugin from here: http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...o-world-plugin

Double-clicking on it doesn't report error and reports "does not need customization" .

But it does not seem to work either - according to the author it should change Publisher to Hello,world during book conversion which is not the case

Mira
Mira,

This may be unrelated, but do you still have Kindelabra (and the python components that were packaged with it) installed on your computer? I remember that you had problems getting it to work. I'm wondering if this is somehow connected.

Christa
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #210
MiraSlunicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Mira,

This may be unrelated, but do you still have Kindelabra (and the python components that were packaged with it) installed on your computer? I remember that you had problems getting it to work. I'm wondering if this is somehow connected.

Christa
I came across the same idea - that it is something with Python installation. But, unfortunatelly, I am not a Pythonist and I am not able to determine the source of the problem.

Anyway, I'll try to install the plugin on a notebook where is only Python 2.6 and will se if it works there and then I'll publish the results here.

Mira
Closed Thread