Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Loss of Cursor Viewing Sony ebook library V3

Windows 7

I want to change the cursor's behavior in Sony's Ebook Library Application

Using the Sony ebook library application, my arrow-like cursor becomes a "bar" cursor, then disappears. Just dragging the cursor across the screen horizontally does this. I don't think I have caused this behavior by selecting some option in WIN 7.
This cursor behavior happens for MS Word too. Browsers & Calibre and some other applications do not handle the cursor this way. There the cursor arrow does not change to a bar and or disappear

I understand why MS word is programmed for this cursor behavior. A bar is probably user-friendly when editing text. MS Word also has the BAR cursor disappearing when it crosses the text area.

I recall that somewhere in Win 7, I had a option to make the bar cursor disappear. I did not select that option. Just can't find it tonight.

I would like the arrow cursor to be ALWAYS visible in GUI of Sony's ebook library application. My wife has trouble finding the cursor after it has disappeared.

Because the arrow>bar>disappeared bar is not the behavior for all applications, I suspect the author[s] of the Sony application had a choice how to handle the cursor's visibility. Can I change it somewhere? Registry perhaps?
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote