Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #16
DavidXiong
DavidXiong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
liwooood in Hi-pda forums gave the procesdure to enter testmode:

Create a new blank file on the root of TF card, renamed it as rVPzp8O1j0m01oOq.crsZVu8crtmXGrc2, put TF card in, after reboot, press button as the sequence: Menu-Menu-Back-Menu
DavidXiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #17
pacolepain
pacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to behold

Device: DPT-S1
Does not seems to work... are you sure it is for the DPT-S1 ? on the Web, I find this code for the PRS-T1...
pacolepain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #18
DavidXiong
DavidXiong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
I have tested,it work for me. will the rooted be same as PRS-T1?
DavidXiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #19
pacolepain
pacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to beholdpacolepain is a marvel to behold

strange... does the card have to be totally blank with only this file ?

if I understand correctly, the file do not have any extension, it is only named

rVPzp8O1j0m01oOq.crsZVu8crtmXGrc2

correct ?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:17 AM   #20
Alexey.deep
Alexey.deep began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
Does not work for US version!

Should i erase all files on microsd card?

Last edited by Alexey.deep; 02-17-2015 at 03:23 AM.
Alexey.deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #21
pacolepain

Hello,

Can someone clarify what goes wrong in the procedure above as it does not seem to work for other people too...

I have a strange behaviour of the device (touchscreen becoming uneffective)... And a message telling that the home program is not responding... in short, I would like to test the "recovery reboot"!

Can someone help ?

or is it

rVPzp8O1j0m01oOq.crsZVu8crtmXGrc2,

?

(I tried both and none worked with the button sequence mentioned)

Note: I have a US version
Old 04-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #22
phchang
phchang began at the beginning.

Device: dpt-s1
Hi, I just found this link, clearly it's v1.4

http://oss.sony.net/Products/Linux/dp/DPT-S1_v14.html

Does anybody knows what are these for and how to compile with
these files ?
Does that mean the source code uses linux kernel linux-2.6.35.2 ?
phchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #23
dekka007
dekka007 began at the beginning.

PHChang,

Thats a interesting find. I am hoping that means there is an imminent release of V1.4 of the firmware or someone far smarter than myself will be able to make an updater from the content?

Heres hoping.
dekka007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #24
dekka007
dekka007 began at the beginning.

I had a email discussion with Sony Enterprise support reference firmware updates.

He stated reference 1.4 English firmware.

Ø The release of above changes to the U.S. market is still under evaluation => in particular, because in the U.S. we’re developing additional features & improvements in conjunction with U.S. partners, such as Worldox.

Ø A v1.3.5x firmware update—which will include “stability improvements” and a new feature for Worldox users—is slated for release in the U.S. next week.
dekka007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #25
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New feature for Worldox users? Is that suggesting that we (who purchased the device through Sony or otherwise) are only getting 2nd class firmware of some sort?!

Last edited by ManDay; 05-06-2015 at 02:13 PM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #26
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Is there a lite version of Worldox to try? thx
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:19 AM   #27
felonwan
Enthusiast
felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3G
It worked for me on JP 1.4 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacolepain View Post
Hello,

Can someone clarify what goes wrong in the procedure above as it does not seem to work for other people too...

I have a strange behaviour of the device (touchscreen becoming uneffective)... And a message telling that the home program is not responding... in short, I would like to test the "recovery reboot"!

Can someone help ?

or is it

rVPzp8O1j0m01oOq.crsZVu8crtmXGrc2,

?

(I tried both and none worked with the button sequence mentioned)

Note: I have a US version

worked for me on my JP 1.4 version, but hold back button and press three times of menu button is more effective.
felonwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #28
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does anyone have further and reliable information about the Testmode App? I'm not interested in trying this risking to irreversibly brick the device (particularly since I think Sony will not help me recover it if they find out I've been messing with their App despite the EULA).
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #29
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonwan View Post
worked for me on my JP 1.4 version, but hold back button and press three times of menu button is more effective.
thanks, it worked on the English v1.3
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #30
felonwan
Enthusiast
felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
thanks, it worked on the English v1.3
In fact, I think pressing menu key four times is more efficient: in the home screen, press the menu key, you'll see a clock icon and time in the left of top panel, then press the menu key three times, you will enter into the testing mode.
felonwan is offline   Reply With Quote