Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
Pony
Pony began at the beginning.

Device: prs900
Sat on reader (by mistake duh) and now its full of black and gray stripes.

I accidentally sat on my reader and now is full of black and gray lines..
The Sony help page said that a hard reset should help, and it kind of did but it is still all stripy.. not unreadable but it really bothers me.
Any ideas on how to get rid of them?
Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
sounds like the inner screen is broken
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I did something similar to my 505. I now have a 600. Only solution I found.
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
If the stripes are orthogonal, it's the controller; if they aren't, it's the screen. Can you post a picture? Mind you, for the hefty sum you have to pay for a broken screen (if it's a broken screen), or if the 505 is not under warranty, it would be better to do like dgillette.rm and search for a new reader...
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
lacymarie7575
reading about reading ;->
lacymarie7575 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, BB
did you get the sony warranty? if you did then call em... if not you are gonna have to pay some big bucks....sniff sniff...mine got broke on Sunday and there were the horizontal and vertical lines on it...but where they met on the screen...there was that smashed glass look...
lacymarie7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert