Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
Caliber library cover view?

I can't figure out how to configure Calibre to show the cover view browser under the library list like in the tutorial. I read that it will now appear to the side on my screen. It does, but only a selected cover, not the iPad type browser. I can show it in a separate frame, but not in the main page. Any insight is appreciated.
BTW Calibre ver. 0.7.7
Cheers,
kev

Last edited by bugeyed; 07-03-2010 at 10:15 AM.
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
I can't figure out how to configure Calibre to show the cover view browser under the library list like in the tutorial. I read that it will now appear to the side on my screen. It does, but only a selected cover, not the iPad type browser. I can show it in a separate frame, but not in the main page. Any insight is appreciated.
Cheers,
kev
First in Preferences - Interface make sure Show cover browser in separate window is unchecked and quit (cntl-Q) and restart calibre if needed. Then if you do not see the cover browser click the arrow icon in the lower right area next to Jobs. If you still don't see it find the yellow horizontal line, grab it and pull the window down.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
bugeyed
Connoisseur

OK, thanks! Duh!!!!! Missed that!!
Any way to change screen location? It appears above the list. Thought it was going to be on right with a wide screen.
Thanks,
kev
Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK, thanks! Duh!!!!! Missed that!!
Any way to change screen location? It appears above the list. Thought it was going to be on right with a wide screen.
Thanks,
kev
Looks like wide view is in the center, you want it on the right switch to narrow view.

Preferences - interface - narrow view
Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
bugeyed
Connoisseur

OK, thanks. I read wide/narrow view as the screen, not the browser.

Thanks,
kev
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
OK, thanks. I read wide/narrow view as the screen, not the browser.

Thanks,
kev
If you have a narrow screen, you probably want the browser on the bottom.

See? You are correct
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you have a narrow screen, you probably want the browser on the bottom.

See? You are correct
Not that it matters but the browser is no longer on the bottom it is smack dab in the center above the book list.

I have a wide screen and I didn't much care for it on the bottom but I do like it in the new center position. It also looks good on the right hand side.

Both positions are a great improvement.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #8
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
What about disabling the caption, make the font of it smaller or reducing the space between the caption and the cover?

Last edited by nikoski; 02-21-2016 at 08:39 AM.
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:05 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yikes!
A Super Necro post . Did you read the post age advisory?

Those posts were made back when Calibre was a 0 dot level release (and I was the e-reader newbie ) Calibre has evolved tremendously since then.

Main GUI Visual properties are controlled by Preferences: Look and feel: <each section tabs>
The Editor (did not exist back then) and Book Viewer have their own Preferences controls

Personally, I prefer Grid View (did not exist back then) the cube icon at the bottom, and The Information pane instead of Details: Black arrow icon.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:10 AM   #10
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, ducks, but with the newest version it does not seem possible what i asked for:

...disabling the caption, make the font of it smaller or reducing the space between the caption and the cover in the "COVER BROWSER"?
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Nope Look at the Caption Template Button features

You can change where it displays (Wide or Narrow) on Look and Feel: Main Interface tab

You can run it Detached: Look and Feel: cover browser tab
Old 02-21-2016, 09:49 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoski View Post
Thanks, ducks, but with the newest version it does not seem possible what i asked for:

...disabling the caption, make the font of it smaller or reducing the space between the caption and the cover in the "COVER BROWSER"?
You took a 5 and a half year old thread and decided to tack on new questions that didn't exist in the original thread? Next time consider starting a new thread.

That said, it does appear that the font size control in Preferences - Look and Feel - Cover Browser - Template editor does not work. I would also have thought selecting a font size of zero would have eliminated the caption.

Find out how to report a bug or ask for an enhancement or new feature on this page.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Dr Oh
You are correct.
I set a template, so I got the Apply button Changing the font size, does not trigger an 'Apply"

BUT if you crank up the size, it changes the size of the TEMPLATE not the target

AND
I just tried removing the template <image>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBtemplateerr.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	146595