Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Hanlin V3 Firmware Release Notifications

Download at the usual place:
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...ice/update.asp

This one includes the mobi support

Last edited by mvoosten; 12-18-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Better title description
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:47 AM   #2
reycat
Enthusiast
reycat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 + Hanlin V3
Hello... I've been a long time user of the V3, but have never bought a mobipocket book. Usually I just use Book Designer to convert from other formats to fb2.

However, I intend to buy The well of ascension. Does anybody know if the V3 support for mobipocket files will be enough?

Thank you in advance.
reycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't have a V3, but this is a standard MOBI ebook with DRM that should be readable on your V3. You will need to give the bookstore the PID of your V3 before you download the ebook. If you use Windows MobiPocket Reader (undated for the V3) and you have connected the V3 via USB, this should be listed under the Reading Devices icon.

However, note that mobipocket.com is always the most expensive place to buy MOBI ebooks. This one is $7.99 at Books on Board. Fictionwise is another highly rated site for ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
reycat
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I don't have a V3, but this is a standard MOBI ebook with DRM that should be readable on your V3. You will need to give the bookstore the PID of your V3 before you download the ebook. If you use Windows MobiPocket Reader (undated for the V3) and you have connected the V3 via USB, this should be listed under the Reading Devices icon.

However, note that mobipocket.com is always the most expensive place to buy MOBI ebooks. This one is $7.99 at Books on Board. Fictionwise is another highly rated site for ebooks.
Thank you very much, wallcraft. I'll buy the book as soon as I have my V3 with mobipocket support

However, I'm afraid I made a mistake trying to update my lbook V3.

I tried with the latest version and it doesn't get past the "5. Update Resource" step. If I try to reboot, the V3 hangs. I tried with another firmware, same result. Any idea?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
reycat
Enthusiast

Nevermind, it didn't work with a Sandisk SD card, but it did with a Toshiba 512 MB one.

Now, let's head for Books on Board.
Advert
Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #6
JammyZ
JammyZ began at the beginning.

Smile New firmware 2.01

V2.01EN 2008-12-04 published with the following set of changes:

1. Add pdb parser
2. Update chm parser
3. Update pdf parser
4. Update epub parser
5. Support pdb files which use "REAd" as create id
6. Improve Mobipocket format.
JammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
JammyZ
JammyZ began at the beginning.

rapidshare link

I've uploaded it to rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/17155483...N-20081204.rar
JammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyZ View Post
Thanks JammyZ
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #9
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

New update:
V2.01EN 2008-12-12
Description:
1.Upgrade mobipocket format.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #10
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
You gotta love those descriptions. I think I'll wait for the next BeBook firmware version to come out - the description will then hopefully be at least vaguely helpful...
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
bebook uses the same notation - remember their base firmware is jinkes after all - my bebook is on the last reported safe update which was v2.01NL.081113 (v2.01 Netherlands 13th Nov 2008). bebooks 5th dec update was pulled after the corrupting/deleting the internal storage on some devices (but not all), not sure what version bebooks 5 dec one was supposed to be .

btw, bebbok are offering a few people (by invite only) the revised 5th dec update for beta testing, so it looks like they might have fixed the problem, only it was supposed to be out today, unless theyve changed their minds over beta testing .

Hey, you dont think bebooks last 5th dec update was based on jinkes 4th dec update, one posted by JammyZ earlier on this thread? (confusion as bebooks older Nov update is v2.01)

Last edited by redbaron101; 12-15-2008 at 08:13 PM.
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #12
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
New update:
V2.01EN 2008-12-12
Description:
1.Upgrade mobipocket format.
Could anyone upload this one to rapidshare or a similar site? Thanks!
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
AlfonsVH, the Jinke 2008-12-12 firmware is here.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #14
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
AlfonsVH, the Jinke 2008-12-12 firmware is here.
Thanks!
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:10 AM   #15
ben1981
ben1981 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi guys, does Jinke 2008-12-12 firmware work for you? I cannot even finish firmware update. It always stuck at any point of update (randomly at different steps). Then I have to upload second last firmware which is fine.

Has anyone successfully installed this one or is it just my Hanlin having problem?
ben1981 is offline   Reply With Quote