Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #256
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*sniff* And they roasted me! *sniff*
And they ate you!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #257
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The fiends!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #258
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Brings to mind the saying...

With friends like that who need enemies?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #259
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Do we have to take into account the physical condition of the mods? I mean it along these lines: would a chicken like pooh or Agatha been able to swing a hammer that it could hit a man sitting in his chair at his head or hold an umbrella high enough so that dreams could run into it? Or is everyone in the story able to commit everything?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #260
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Regarding the stockings on the picture I assume it was a pretty big chicken (and keep in mind, it was a dinner for 10 people).

If there's no new reader for me I'd like to buy the microwave
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #261
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Do we have to take into account the physical condition of the mods? I mean it along these lines: would a chicken like pooh or Agatha been able to swing a hammer that it could hit a man sitting in his chair at his head or hold an umbrella high enough so that dreams could run into it? Or is everyone in the story able to commit everything?
Well ... you know how they say that a murerous rage can give superhuman strength to anyone .... so that any of the mods would be more than capable of these fiendish crimes ....

Appearances can be deceiving ....

Hint
Spoiler:
The mouse knows karate!
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #262
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Regarding the stockings on the picture I assume it was a pretty big chicken (and keep in mind, it was a dinner for 10 people).

If there's no new reader for me I'd like to buy the microwave
Hmmm .... there is the danger of accidentally cooking yourself in it ....
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #263
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Chicken View Post
Well ... you know how they say that a murerous rage can give superhuman strength to anyone .... so that any of the mods would be more than capable of these fiendish crimes ....
Appearances can be deceiving ....
Okay. Thanks!
Quote:
Hint
Spoiler:
The mouse knows karate!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #264
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nonsense. The moderators didn't roast you. The murderer did that. The other moderators ate you. Not me though! I'd already been poisoned or drowned.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #265
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alas, neither my knowledge of karate nor my swordstick helped me against the murderer. I think it must have been poison. I'm sure I could have fought off anyone trying to drown me.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #266
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Alas, neither my knowledge of karate nor my swordstick helped me against the murderer. I think it must have been poison. I'm sure I could have fought off anyone trying to drown me.
Perhaps substituting a candy cane for your swordstick - for the holiday season - was a fatal miscalculation?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #267
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
One more thing: That Christmas card from Kovid, when will that hit the open market? I want one!!

Quote:
When you open it, it organizes all the other cards you've received. Then it auto-generates a mailing list you can use next year!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #268
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
My first real suspect was Nate, but then I decided on another person.. One with a motive and the skills to pull of such a killing spree!

I've sent in my vote... Hope I was right! :P I wasn't the last time though.. Speaking of which; it seems this discussion thread is soooo quiet compared to the last murder mystery we had!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #269
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Perhaps substituting a candy cane for your swordstick - for the holiday season - was a fatal miscalculation?
My candy cane is a disguised swordstick too. A mouse can't be too careful. I didn't consider poison though.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #270
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Chicken View Post
My dear friends! I want each and every one of you to win a prize.

Remember to submit your reasoning along with your guess/deduction.

Oh, dear. I guess I am not on the ball at all. I didn't give a reason for my guess Oh, well. Thanks to all who came up with this mystery. I enjoyed the story.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-06-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase