Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
My Jetbook color has arrived

I've only had it for a couple hours t this point but I'm not happy. The screen is so gray that I plan to call it Dorian.

LuBiB has a pretty good summary elsewhere of the menus, features, and so on, so I won't repeat his work.

But I will note that the software is not anywhere near being done. It doesn't have the annotation options I would have expected with a textbook platform. I also cannot find the web browser or a way to enable Wifi. (I don't think they work yet.)

And I can definitely say that as a textbook platform the iPad offers more options for the same price.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Hi, Nate the great!

Thank you for sharing your experience! It's a great help!

When you say that it does have the annotation options, do you mean scribble and notes or even highlighting?

And the classic question about JBC - does it feel like an 880x600 or more like 1600x1200? Or somewhere in between?
I guess the most important is whether it is comparable with a book's quality...

Look forward to your reply
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

And I can definitely say that as a textbook platform the iPad offers more options for the same price.
That goes for Android tablets as well, but they are not E-Ink ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlanetEarth View Post
When you say that it does have the annotation options, do you mean scribble and notes or even highlighting?
The front of the box shows all of that but I cannot do it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlanetEarth View Post
And the classic question about JBC - does it feel like an 880x600 or more like 1600x1200? Or somewhere in between?
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=42

It seems a close resemblance to 1600x1200 but not quite.
Resolution quality seems better than the ipad, though a bit in a different way (I explained some of this in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167778)
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert