Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
More pictures, please
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #32
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Good idea !

I think, it's the first time that I see this. The comparaison is always done with some paper books. But, to consider an e-reader as a book, is new.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:08 AM   #33
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
Is it possible to use the dictionary in the M91S?

In the Onyx Boox A60 you can select the words only by using the touchscreen (as far as I know).
Onyx Europe can you please answer this question?

Thanks.
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #34
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
Onyx Europe can you please answer this question?

Thanks.
I can't tell you this right now, when we receive the samples later this month I will test the devices.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #35
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The screen looks beautiful. Wow.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #36
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Thanks! All of them will be available in the United States Market? I live in puerto rico, part of the US.

thanks
We will have at least the M90. I dont yet know if the others will be available to us.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #37
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
About the specifications on www.onyx-book.com, for the M91S (800 Mhz, no touchscreen) in the part "Connectivity" an option is missing :"Download books directly on device".

An error or it's true ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #38
Onyx Europe
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
About the specifications on www.onyx-book.com, for the M91S (800 Mhz, no touchscreen) in the part "Connectivity" an option is missing :"Download books directly on device".

An error or it's true ?
It's true, because the M91S doesn't have WiFi.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #39
Marco9000
Marco9000 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
Hello.

I live in Cambodia and I am interested in either the M90 or the M91S.
I currently own a BeBook One and would like to upgrade to a reader with a bigger screen.

The problem is that I am not sure where to buy one.
Do you have any suppliers in Cambodia or Bangkok?

/Marco
Marco9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:32 AM   #40
Onyx Europe
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco9000 View Post
Hello.

I live in Cambodia and I am interested in either the M90 or the M91S.
I currently own a BeBook One and would like to upgrade to a reader with a bigger screen.

The problem is that I am not sure where to buy one.
Do you have any suppliers in Cambodia or Bangkok?

/Marco
Marco, thanks for your interest. We don't have a supplier in Cambodia and Thailand yet. We ship worldwide, so that won't be a problem.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #41
Onyx Europe
Distributor

Check out our Facebook Page with lots of pictures and LIKE us!

Last edited by Onyx Europe; 04-20-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #42
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
I'm very excited by this product and hope it will not turn out to be a fail (such as Pocketbook 903, for example). I really like that it has Pearl screen and the simple design. I have a couple of questions about the software. If no review unit is available yet, please don't forget to answer them.
1. Is the operating system some kind of Linux? (If yes, will there be a SDK available and is porting of applications such as FBReader, StarDict or Xournal easy?)
2. Will you have pdf annotations and good pdf support? (please consider that annotation does not mean not taking app, other companies such as Pocketbook fail to understand that)
3. Is zooming using an area selected by stylus possible?
4. Will it have any built-in dictionaries?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #43
Marc Mertens
Mathematician
Marc Mertens began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Digital Reader
Has someone already received a M90 and done a review

Hello,

Onyx has promised that for the early birders they will get their Boox M90 before or on 15 april. So I was wondering if someone on mobileread has already received a Boox M90 and have done a review or put some video's on you tube. I know of one video that compares the M90 with the kindle dx but this did not give much info about the M90. I myself own a kindle dxg and find it lacking in the support for pdf so I was looking for either the Pocket Book 903 or the Boox M90. What interest me is :
- support for pdf , zooming, reflow, margin management and annotations.
- support for other formats mobi, epub ...
- performance of the device (pdf, using the pen for annotation etc ..)
- it seems that a lot of software is installed on this device, how stabile is the software.
- As a developer, is there a sdk available and what is the os (I thought linux)
- other people want to know probably other info about the device, but I'm particullary interested in info from someone who has already hands on experience with the device.

I know I ask for a lot but anyhow thanks a lot in advance

Best greeting

Marc Mertens
Marc Mertens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #44
Onyx Europe
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
1. Is the operating system some kind of Linux? (If yes, will there be a SDK available and is porting of applications such as FBReader, StarDict or Xournal easy?)
Yes the system is operated by Linux. The SDK will be available here.
Quote:
2. Will you have pdf annotations and good pdf support? (please consider that annotation does not mean not taking app, other companies such as Pocketbook fail to understand that)
Yes you can also make annotations on PDF, check this youtube movie.
Quote:
3. Is zooming using an area selected by stylus possible?
I don't really know what you mean by that, but you can zoom in 500%.
Quote:
4. Will it have any built-in dictionaries?
I don't know yet, I'll ask Onyx International.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #45
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Nice video. They did not know how the annotation can be exported, I suppose in first instance they are just saved on device (Xournal port would be great). By zooming using stylus I meant if you can select an area with the stylus and zoom in on it (as in iRex DR800). Just to be sure, this comes with Pearl screen, the same as Kindle? And in the movie, I saw dictionary links, so I suppose it would have some dictionaries.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90