Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
vamp
vamp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Newbie's question: kindle for PC

I just recieved my K3, which is my 1st ebook reader. But i cant figure out the way to transfer an ebook from the kindle app for PC to yhe kindle device. The problem is i cant find the ebook file which i dl-ed from amazon to PC so that i can transfer it to K3 via usb cable. Can anyone who knows tell me how to do it?
Many thxs
vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Your K4PC books are in a folder called My Kindle Content in My Documents.

However, unless you managed to get the rare non-DRM books, you couldn't transfer them this way to your K3 and still expect to read them.

Each file is separately copy-protected for one device, and if you want to put your Kindle books onto your K3, you'll have to go into your Manage Your Kindle page at Amazon and select "Transfer via Computer" for each book, which will download a fresh copy specially encoded for your K3.

Hope this helps.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
The best way is probably to download them directly from your kindle if they are amazon bought books. Like ATDrake said, if the books are DRMed, you wont be able to transfer amazon bought books over to the kindle by dragging and dropping them. The Kindle for PC has no direct association to your kindle, its just for reading books you bought from the kindle store on your pc.

If they are not DRMed books, you can just drag and drop them into your kindle folder or use calibre (a truly wonderful creation!)

Cheers!
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
If you want to read an ebook on your Kindle that you've bought from Amazon then the easiest way should be to click on the Archived Items folder on your Kindle, select the book and click on it to download. You'll be asked to turn wireless on which you need to do so just press ok. It will say Now Downloading and you can just press the Home button to go back to the main screen and wait for your ebook to appear. To turn the wifi off press the menu button then turn wireless off.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote