Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Question Hello! Any other NYPL borrowers out there?

I've been happily reading eBooks on Palm PDAs almost since I bought one in 2001, but I had no idea there was a site dedicated to ereading. Very happy to have discovered it while researching the iPhone/Touch thanks to the new eReader App in iTunes.

My major sources/reading options:
eReader.com (prefer their DRM)
borrow ebooks via the NYPL Overdrive site

I'm having a few issues with NYPL that MobileRead members might be able to help with:

1. Is there some way to change the PIDs you have registered with NYPL? I've maxed my 3 allowed Mobi PIDs on NYPLs site, so if I switch from my Treo, I'm SOL (my fault, I'm a gadget freak). I've tried to contact their tech support several times, but keep getting form emails that provide links to the FAQ.

2. Do any Mac users have the Adobe Digital Edition thing working with NYPL? I used to use my work Windows machine with Acrobat 7, but we're in a locked-down environment as of last week, so I can't sync my personal Treo anymore. The NYPL FAQ is pretty vague on troubleshooting.

I have many questions related to the iPhone or one of the eInk readers, but I'll save those for the appropriate forums.

Thanks!
Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi simplyparticular and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #3
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, simplyparticular. Enjoy the forum. You will find a lot of useful advice here. I work in Manhattan, however, I do not use their ebooks. Good luck!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
jwgrantm
jwgrantm began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650
Changing PIDs at NYPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post

1. Is there some way to change the PIDs you have registered with NYPL? I've maxed my 3 allowed Mobi PIDs on NYPLs site, so if I switch from my Treo, I'm SOL (my fault, I'm a gadget freak). I've tried to contact their tech support several times, but keep getting form emails that provide links to the FAQ.
Send an email to blis@nypl.org and tell them which PID to delete. I have done this successfully a number of times.

Cheers,
Grant
jwgrantm is offline   Reply With Quote