Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
SleepSeeker
SleepSeeker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Help, Updating Calibre

Hi, For the last 2 updates I haven't been able to update, I have always had no problem doing so in the past and I can't figure out why these times are different. I use Windows and any help/tips would be appreciated.

When I click on the installer this popup shows up saying, "The Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I have tried uninstalling and doing a clean install. And I have tried earlier versions and well I have run out of ideas to try. So please help. Thanks!
SleepSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That error indicates that there's a problem with the Windows Installer service on your PC. It's not a Calibre problem. Check and see if the service is running.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
SleepSeeker

I know it's a window problem, I'm just looking for help to fix it. I've checked the service and no it's not running, thanks for the suggestion though
Old 06-26-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is the service listed, but not running, or is it not listed at all? If it's there, but stopped, have you tried starting it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
SleepSeeker

It wasn't listed at all but I finally got it working though.

I found an article in microsoft about services where I could disable all the services except for microsoft. I just tried updating and it worked. Thanks for pointing in the right direction
Advert