Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
ladyplf
ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyplf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm,pocketpc,nextbook 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Have you read the book?

Do you really think everyone who is anti-Obama is racist?
Haven't read it, don't want to read it, and I think that some of the people who are anti Obama are racist because the only argument they ever have is that he is Black/Muslim and therefore bad.

But this is not about Obama, it is about a book with a controversial theme which just happens to be published in an election year which will undoubtedly have racial overtones whether we like it or agree with it or not. Just sayin' this author has interesting timing. I hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited by ladyplf; 08-21-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyplf View Post
Haven't read it, don't want to read it, and I think that some of the people who are anti Obama are racist because the only argument they ever have is that he is Black/Muslim and therefore bad.

But this is not about Obama, it is about a book with a controversial theme which just happens to be published in an election year which will undoubtedly have racial overtones whether we like it or agree with it or not. Just sayin' this author has interesting timing. I hope I'm wrong though.
Touche. It could be just a coincidence but then again who can say what is in another persons mind at any point? Anyway the book will succeed or die based on its readership I imagine.
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Moderator Notice
This thread has become increasingly political and is therefore better suited for the Politics and Religion forum than it is for News. The moderation team has therefore decided to close the thread. If anyone is interested in pursuing this topic you may start a thread in that forum. Anyone interested in opting into the Politics and Religion forum may discover how to do so and the posting requirements by reviewing this thread.
Closed Thread