Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 07-27-2003, 05:58 PM   #1
ateeq
ateeq began at the beginning.

Device: palm zire 71
Merging pdb(isilo) files

Hello could any body tel me a way of creating one file from 2 files ie so they follow each other in the new file ,i am tring to compile an e book but not having much success

thanks

ateeq
Old 07-28-2003, 03:43 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Do you have access to the source of the ebook? If yes, you can use iSiloX to specify various URLs/Files in the Source Tab.

If you don't have the source files but only the compiled iSilo pdbs, I suggest you install iSilo for Windows which allows you to save the ebooks back to txt. Those txt files you can then use with iSiloX as described in my first paragraph.

Alex
Old 07-28-2003, 08:57 AM   #3
ateeq

Thank you for the reply Alex I cannot ,use the existing urls
because the website i am trying to copy does not allow
spider software ,which is why i have compiled them individulay with link depth 0 ,but if i use isiol for windows i loose all the formatting and diagram which is nor realy very good
thank you for your Reply
ateeq
Old 07-28-2003, 10:03 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you use iSilo for Windows to save the content to .txt you lose the content, right.

What exactly happens when you use iSiloX for browing the target website? In iSiloX, you can go to "Options" -> HTTP and change the User-Agent string. For instance, click the "custom" field and change it to

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

This way, your web site has no direct way of knowing that you are using a spider software.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:41 PM   #5
ateeq

Thank you Tadw I will try it and let u know how i get on
Reguards Ateeq
Old 07-28-2003, 03:00 PM   #6
ateeq

Thanks Tadw The site just says
unusual activity and then logs me out
this why i have to do each page individ then convertto pdb but still not further with joining them together
But thanks for your help
Ateeq