Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #211
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Just wondering what version of a2sd you are using?

It seems the a2sd is still looking for a swap file (for some reason) and I try to deactivate it but I am unable to. a2sd should have a command called a2sd noswap but it won't work.
a2sd doesn't have anything to do with swap.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #212
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Does the android ID have any affect on what apps you can download? (Seeing as its from a 1.6 version) I.e. Would it not be better to emulate and obtain an ID under 2.0?
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #213
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Does the android ID have any affect on what apps you can download? (Seeing as its from a 1.6 version) I.e. Would it not be better to emulate and obtain an ID under 2.0?
I'm using a 2.1 androidID for just this reason.

Last edited by Coredump-EE; 01-17-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #214
paww
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
I'm using a 2.1 androidID for jsut this reason.
Can this be obtained in the same way through an emu? Or are you using an ID from a genuine source?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #215
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
Can this be obtained in the same way through an emu? Or are you using an ID from a genuine source?
You can get it from an emulator. That was how I got mine.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #216
paww
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
You can get it from an emulator. That was how I got mine.

Cheers
Thanks, I'm in the process now of installing the SDK for 2.1, wasn't sure if the advice given in almost all 'how to get an androidID' threads is using 1.6 was for any particular reason (possibly limited to that earlier SDK).
Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #217
paww
Connoisseur

Got my androidID which I'm trying to send to the IQ, however once its connect by USB it can't be seen using adb devices.

I presume the usb drivers are installed correctly because I am able to see both the internal micro sd and external sd directories.

Anybody got any ideas why the device is being shown as not connected?

USB debugging enabled.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #218
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

not necessarily, are you using win7?

can you start > right click computer > properties > device manager

Is there an "!" next to your IQ device? If yes, then the driver did not install correctly, and you have to do this (see post 31):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=113048&page=3

Cheers
Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #219
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
# su
su
# a2sd setup
a2sd setup

a2sd for Pocketbook IQ (f/w 2.0.3) v0.0.2

Use [/dev/block/mmcblk0p2] for a2sd? [Y|n]: y
y

* Mounted [/dev/block/mmcblk0p2] for a2sd setup
* Copying data, please wait...SUCCESS
* System integration...Done

Setup finished, please reboot to begin using a2sd.
#

I am using Experimental Firmware 20110118.1: Add custom JIT (Icewyng) (requires factory reset)

Is the above correct? My PIQ seems slow.... any help appreciated.

Last edited by jessie102; 01-25-2011 at 04:10 PM.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #220
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
# su
su
# a2sd setup
a2sd setup

a2sd for Pocketbook IQ (f/w 2.0.3) v0.0.2

Use [/dev/block/mmcblk0p2] for a2sd? [Y|n]: y
y

* Mounted [/dev/block/mmcblk0p2] for a2sd setup
* Copying data, please wait...SUCCESS
* System integration...Done

Setup finished, please reboot to begin using a2sd.
#

I am using Experimental Firmware 20110118.1: Add custom JIT (Icewyng) (requires factory reset)

Is the above correct? My PIQ seems slow.... any help appreciated.
Yes that is correct, you now have more space to install apps.

I do find that you have to be careful. I find that on reboot, sometimes apps stopped working and I have to reinstall.

Not sure if anyone else experiencing this.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #221
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

ok, i gave up on it, either i did something wrong causing the slowness or it's simply too slow by nature to be practical.

I was getting unresponsive program timeouts left right and center

tested using a 4GB Class 4 microsd with 500mB allocated to ext3

Last edited by jessie102; 01-25-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #222
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
ok, i gave up on it, either i did something wrong causing the slowness or it's simply too slow by nature to be practical

i was using a 4GB Class 4 microsd with 500mB allocated to ext3
I am not sure if the size of the allocated ext3 makes it slow. I made mine about 200MB and works OK.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #223
jessie102
Addict

maybe, I also added a swap partition to the SD, according to some tutorials, not sure if I was supposed to on this A2SD
Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #224
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
maybe, I also added a swap partition to the SD, according to some tutorials, not sure if I was supposed to on this A2SD
I use my internal microSD card for a2sd.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #225
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I am not sure if the size of the allocated ext3 makes it slow. I made mine about 200MB and works OK.

Cheers
Perhaps... I have tried 500Mb as well and it was really slow too. I will have to try a smaller partition to check it out.

Also, ext2 would be more practical. The journaling system of the ext3 shortens the life of the SD card and is not really needed. That could help boost the speed up a bit?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote