Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #31
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
if you wrapped it in a rotation script., might be okay??? see bafs broswer thread for an example of how he did that with skipstone... no promises but may well work.

EDIT: Nope. gave it a go for you.

I'll look to patch based on model or go with full time rotation or offer rotation in a sub-menu...

Or something.
Man you're fast! I was just about to download! This looks great, how does it run? Faster/better than skipstone?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #32
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Buildroot has wayland in... and can target the arm1136jf_s processor type.

IIRC some of the newer Toolchains can build compliant code for that device too.
(the 2007q3 also obviously can but is a little bit dated now)

Deserves a revisit at some point for sure.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #33
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
Man you're fast! I was just about to download! This looks great, how does it run? Faster/better than skipstone?
It's a totally different animal.

Like as in fresh and shiny new - with an active team of great developers - unlike the dead skipstone project...

Don't get me wrong baf did a great job... but yeah. on the whole. way better.

Doubtless there will be hiccups, I myself have already managed to stall it once on a stupidly complicated page..

I didn't post any screenies of the built-in addons yet or other ubernicities...
Really creamy.

with a bit of love we can probably make this revision REALLY work for us - assuming I get a bit of help on the theming...

Let me see about hacking the titles for you real quick...
Old 10-18-2013, 03:58 AM   #34
twobob

Okay so I patched the patch (heh) and made a custom rotated version.

You can see from the diffs at the very least the changes that were made to get where we are.

I'll try a quick patch of a clean version of the source (attached) from this custom diff and see what drops out.

Hope this helps!

should know soon enough...

Gimme 10 to set this up.

EDIT:

You know it took me weeks to get my head around this codebase... months to figure out a solid way to pull all the deps and overlay them without errors... never mind the countless failed attempts to implement end-user friendly build-systems...

But...

root@dev:/usr/local/src/midori-0.5.5-rotated# patch -p1 < midori-0.5.5-kindle-rotated.patch.txt

Quote:
patching file config/search
patching file midori/main.c
patching file midori/midori-browser.c
patching file midori/midori-completion.vala
patching file midori/midori-dialog.vala
patching file midori/midori-locationaction.c
patching file midori/midori-view.c
patching file wscript
however looking at that is has boiled down to just a few files that really needed touching up. That is somehow depressing...

heh.

Attached is JUST the RAW sources I build from... without my tweaks
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 midori_0.5.5_all_.tar.bz2 (1.09 MB, 302 views)

Last edited by twobob; 10-18-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 AM   #35
twobob

hmm first obvious mistake.. /mnt/us/extensions/midori/usr/bin/toggleKeys is missing an exit:

Quote:
if [ ! "$*" = "" ]; then

lipc-set-prop -s com.lab126.keyboard close com.lab126.gtkInputMethod"$PID" ;
exit
fi
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #36
twobob

hmm.. well whatever it is that is nerfing the custom EXIT and KEYBOARD buttons on the KT it aint the width of the screen.. cos being sideway dont help

Annoying!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #37
twobob

Updated the rotation patch to remove some junk.

The keyboard toggle now appears on a submenu under the name COLOR now... (dont ask)
Old 10-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #38
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Should I try to build it the way it is? I'm running out of time today and or this weekend... family first!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #39
twobob

on it... building right now

EDIT: this is JUST the binary as a drop in replacement.

But it still refuses to show the extra toolbars As Far As I Can See...

Anways.. As I say TOUCH currently not supported. And this Wont rotate on a PW

EDIT: attachment removed

Last edited by twobob; 10-18-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #40
twobob

hmm no, definite inconsistencies to still be ironed out for the touch.

Icons dont show.

The rotation thing above WONT rotate a PW...

Weirdness..

I'll dig more.

Anways, enjoy the family time.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #41
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm no, definite inconsistencies to still be ironed out for the touch.

Icons dont show.

The rotation thing above WONT rotate a PW...

Weirdness..

I'll dig more.

Anways, enjoy the family time.
AGAIN, thanks for trying! I just installed the linux version on my regular Debian laptop, I'll try to get used to that and see how the themes are set up if I get some time. What is it you would like to know? How other people like the button placement or 'colors' or what?
Old 10-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #42
twobob

simply how to make the icons larger would be great.

There is a large icons switch in the midori FAQ IIRC, but to be able to specifically set the size to certain pixel size would be awesome.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #43
brianinmaine
Evangelist

Code:
There are missing icons/ warnings
The set of themed icons Midori can use is very limited. For instance icons for a new tab or the throbber are not guaranteed to be available. To fix this, install a Freedesktop.org spec compliant icon theme, such as Elementary, Faenza, Buuf or GNOME. 

if you need to set a custom path for these to be “searched in” (Kiosks and embedded devices for example): 

XDG_DATA_HOME=/path/to/location 

will add an extra path for the icons/.. directory 

Tweaking Midori on the Gtk level
If you don't have a desktop application that takes care of Gtk settings or if your interface doesn't support a particular feature, you can modify any settings easily manually by specifying them in a text file called ~/.gtkrc-2.0 or /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc: 

Use Tango as a fallback for your icon theme: 

gtk-icon-theme-name = "MySuperFancyTheme"
gtk-fallback-icon-theme = "Tango"Use a smaller toolbar: 

gtk-toolbar-icon-size = GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAROnly for those not running a complete DE like Xfce, Elementary, etc…
There is a preference: Preferences → Browsing → Toolbar Style: Small icons
from http://midori-browser.org/faqs/

I'd have to see what icons are available? are different sizes available? Do we need to install some/ rip from debian?
Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #44
twobob

the bundle comes with an entire tango installation in /mnt/us/extensions/midori/pixmaps/icons

Utter and complete overkill...

edit: oh and if you notice, that section on xdg was added by me

Last edited by twobob; 10-18-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #45
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
WOWWWWWW! Twobob, this is fantastic!!!! Turned my kindle from a piece of crap into a full featured thing! Thank you so much!!!!

And now testing can begin

One thing: how to exit from preferences if i entered them with kewboard on, and how to exit midori in general?

Suggestion 1: maybe we could focus on the landscape mode version only, what do you think? Avoiding double effort to make interfaces looks good in both modes

Suggestion 2: user impatient like me could click around when midori is loading, making run midori istances in background or avoiding even that midori shows up... I think it would be useful to introduce an automatic "kill all midori istances" in the launch script.

I know this because after closing everything, ps aux command told me that there was a midori istance between processes. A weird thing is also that after i plugged my usb cable with midori running, in the "usb mode on" screen there was also a right click menu from midori O.o

Damn, it's so fast, I love it... And scroll bars works better than any other app. Your masterpiece. Definetly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_10_18T12_46_09+0200.png
Views:	399
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	113564  

Last edited by twobob; 10-18-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, extensions, kindle, kual, launcher add-ons, midori